Depression quotes80 depression quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Ernie: Mr. Carson's last year as team owner, he must be really depressed.
- Bob Carson: Oh boy, Fish, look a decoder ring... I got it out of the Cracker Jack box... look it fits on your finger.
- Larry 'Fish' Fisher: Yeah, yeah, that's great, Uncle Bob.
[whispers to assistant]
- Larry Fisher: That man is turning into a cracker jack.”
“If writings did not exist, what terrible depressions we should suffer.”
“I am, I guess, depressed. I guess I've been depressed for about twenty-four years.”
“- Alfred Pennyworth: Were you looking at the old family pictures again?
- Batman: At the what? The old family... Oh, yes! I see what you mean. Look at that! The old gang. Yeah. No, I wasn't.
- Alfred Pennyworth: I see. Sir, if you don't mind my saying, I'm a little concerned. I've seen you go through similar phases in 2016 and 2012 and 2008 and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mae: Mom, why do you always wear the high tops?
- Daphne Wilder: I just got these, what's wrong with these?
- Maggie: There just kinda depressing.”
“- Peggy Sue: We got married too young and ended up blaming each other for all the things we missed.
- Carol Heath: So, he started having affairs and you started getting depressed.”
“What happened to us? What happened to all the things that we used to dream about for our lives? I just feel like it’s getting further and further away.”
“I'll probably end up doing something depressing, but young.”
“Look who I'm taking to. Dracula's life coach. No wonder you're alone.”
“Moles and trolls, moles and trolls, work, work, work, work, work. We never see the light of day. We plan this thing for weeks and all they want to do is study. I'm disgusted. I'm sorry but it's not like me, I'm depressed.”
“My mom has to take medicine, or she'll get upset and buy too much at the mall.”
“If I couldn't tell you that I was unhappy sometimes, is because I didn't want to risk hurting the one person I treasure most.”
You're dead, Carl. You say "no" to life and therefore, you're not living. You make up excuses to the people around you and to yourself. You're stuck in the same dead-end job you've had for years. You lost the love of your life because she couldn't be with someone who didn't live theirs. And on most nights you're so bored and filled with ennui,... (continue)(continue reading)
“I became less manically depressed, but still never had any friends because I hated everyone, for they were so phony.”
“- Rosencrantz: Did you ever think of yourself as actually dead, lying in a box with a lid on it?
- Guildenstern: No.
- Rosencrantz: Nor do I, really. It's silly to be depressed by it.”
“I wasn't afraid. I was depressed.”
Happiness can't be pursued. It either comes to your or it don't. You can always say "if only this and if only that"; but if only is a state of mind that we get into when we feel deprived.
“I wake up happy, feeling good... but then I get very depressed, because I'm living in reality.”
“Life's ironic isn't it? One day a person has a morass of complicated, unsolvable problems then in the batting of an eye, dark clouds part and she can enjoy a decent life again.”