Paul Giamatti quotes
“- Mike Erganian: What is the subject of your book? Non fiction?
- Miles: Uh, no. It's... it's a novel. Fiction. Yes. Although there is quite a bit from my own life... so I suppose that, technically some of it is nonfiction.
- Mike Erganian: Good I like non fiction. There is so much to know about this world. I think you read something somebody...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Once you familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage you prepare your own limbs to wear them. Fuckin' Abraham Lincoln said it, and I fuckin' believe it, so you have got to get me the fuck out! Now!”
“- Eisenheim: Are you completely corrupt?
- Inspector Uhl: No, not completely, which is why I'll advise you not to accuse anyone.”
“- Hammerson: People love guns because America is a land of opportunity, where a poor man can become rich, and a pussy can become a tough guy, if he's got a gun in his hand. Now, I'm hopin' you're not just a pussy with a gun in your hand.
- Mr. Hertz: Oh no, sir. No, no, I am not. I'm a tough guy with a pussy in my hand.”
- Jerry Heller: What's NWA stand for, anyway? "No Whites Allowed", something like that? [chuckles]
- Eazy-E: No... Niggaz Wit' Attitudes.
“- Lawrence Hayes: It will be so big, that even though it's happening here in California, you will feel it on the East Coast. [looking directly into the zooming camera] Now I cannot emphasize this enough to the people of San Francisco: You need to get out. And I mean now. And if you can't, you need to find any means possible to drop, cover, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Shorty: If we know anything, we know that time travel's not possible. Einstein proved that. Right?
- Jennings: Time travel, yes. But Einstein was very clear that he believed time viewing, theoretically, could be accomplished.”
“If anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am not drinking any fucking Merlot!”
“I spent my entire academic career studying the Great Depression. The depression may have started because of a stock market crash, but what hit the general economy was a disruption of credit. Average citizens unable to borrow money, to do anything. To buy a home, start a business, stock their shelves.”
“- Jerry Heller: Sign the contract, and all this money is yours.
- Ice Cube: That's my money anyway, Jerry! I earned that money! Now I wrote a lot of hit songs. We've been on this tour for months, selling out shows, selling records. I know it's plenty of money!
- Jerry Heller: Really [chuckles]?
- Jerry Heller: Jesus Christ.
- Ice Cube: Gimme my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I have long learned, that a man may give offense, and he may still succeed!”
“If what I'm doing is so illegal, how come I've never been sued? If I'm such a fucking thief, such a liar, such a motherfucker, how come nobody's ever come to collect? Because this is business. And this is how it works. And it's not always pretty, no. Do I cover my own ass? Do I cover my own end? Absolutely.”
“You can take it from me, the truth, it's overated.”
“- P.L. Travers: You are the only American I have ever liked.
- Ralph: May I ask why?
- P.L. Travers: No.”
“Why d'you always pick on me? What am I, Charlie Brown?”
“San Francisco is going to get hit again and it's going to be an even bigger monster this time.”
“- Miles: Hey, what should I wear?
- Jack: I don't know, something casual but nice. They think you're a writer.”
“- Blaine: You talk to animals now, do you? Would you like to tell me about it? Or would you rather tell my friend here, Bettleheim?
- Dr. John Dolittle: I don't need to talk to your cat, Blain.
- Blaine: Why, do you think he would talk back to you?
- Dr. John Dolittle: He just might.
- Blaine: And what would he say?
- Bettleheim the Cat: I'd say...” (continue)(continue reading)