“- Karen Holmes: Why don't you tell the truth, you just don't want the responsibility. You're probably not even in love with me.
- Sergeant Milton Warden: You're crazy! I wish I didn't love ya; maybe I can enjoy life again.”
“From Here to Eternity” quotes(1953)
Plot – In 1941 young soldier Prewitt is transferred to Hawaii, where the only pastime is boxing. Prewitt has been a great boxer as a civilian, but he refuses to train as he has sworn to himself not to fight ever again because he has seriously injured a friend during a fight. Sergeant Warden, the head of the company, likes the newcomer and supports him against every kind of suppression. While Warden has a secret relationship with Karen, the commander's wife, Prewitt spends his free time with Lorraine, a girl who entertains the soldiers. He also meets an Italian-American guy, Angelo Maggio, who has a strong temperament and doesn't submit to constant harassments, so he's transferred. As Angelo is killed, Prewitt stabs the guilty in turn and he's forced to hide. When the Japaneses attack Pearl Harbor, the soldiers' lives change forever.
All actors – Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Deborah Kerr, Donna Reed, Frank Sinatra, Philip Ober, Mickey Shaughnessy, Harry Bellaver, Ernest Borgnine, Jack Warden, John Dennis, Merle Travis, Tim Ryan, Arthur Keegan, Barbara Morrison, Claude Akins, Vicki Bakken, Margaret Barstow, Henry Beau, Willis Bouchey, John Bryant, Mary Carver, John L. Cason, Mack Chandler, John Davis, Don Dubbins, Elaine DuPont, Moana Gleason, Robert Healy, Douglas Henderson, June Horne, James Jones, Robert Karnes, Manny Klein, Edward Laguna, Carey Leverette, Weaver Levy, William Lundmark, Freeman Lusk, Tyler McVey, Kristine Miller, Patrick Miller, Robert Pike, Allen Pinson, George Reeves, Joe Roach, Fay Roope, Delia Salvi, Louise Saraydar, Alvin Sargent, Joseph Sargent, Joan Shawlee, Al Silvani, Angela Stevens, Brick Sullivan, John Veitch, Guy Way, Norman Wayne, Robert J. Wilke, Jean Willes, Norman Wright, Carleton Youngshow all
“From Here to Eternity” Quotes 8 quotes
- Robert E. Lee "Prew' Prewitt: A man don't go his own way, he's nothing.
- Sergeant Milton Warden: Maybe back in the days of the pioneers a man could go his own way, but today you got to play ball.
- Robert E. Lee "Prew' Prewitt: Why do they call you Friday?
- Pvt. Friday Clark - Bugler: I don't know. I was born on a Wednesday.
- Alma: Sit down and - and get comfortable. I'll make you a martini and see what's to cook for dinner.
- Robert E. Lee "Prew' Prewitt: Hey, this is like being married, ain't it?
- Alma: It's better.
“A man should be what he can do.”
“Rose, do you know why I like to have you serve me beer? So as I can watch you when you walk away.”
“Nobody ever lies about being lonely.”
“A man loves a thing that don't mean it's gotta love him back.”