“- Anne Larson: You know, I spent my honeymoon by the sea 12 years ago.
- Cecile: Did you like it? I mean, the place?
- Anne Larson: Yes, I liked both it and the place.”
“- Cecile: Albertine! I mean Léontine! Slight maid problem. Some weird sisters rotate working for us.
- Anne Larson: Weird? How?
- Cecile: Every week one or the other is suddenly stricken with some odd malady. Maybe it's us.
- Maid: Yes, Mademoiselle?
- Cecile: Oh! Léontine...
- Maid: Léontine has a bad liver. I am her sister, Claudine.”
“- Anne Larson: You're looking wonderfully well. I'm surprised - and pleased.
- Cecile: Why surprised?
- Anne Larson: Well, from Raymond's description, I thought...
- Cecile: Oh, that was in Paris. And in Paris I was worn out from studying.”
“- Anne Larson: Are you studying now?
- Cecile: During vacation?
- Anne Larson: Well, you're going to take your examinations again, in October?
- Cecile: Why? Raymond never got a diploma.
- Anne Larson: Yes, but he worked hard, made quite a bit of money.
- Cecile: Well, if it's all gone, I'm sure they'll always be a man to take care of me. And...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Let's not limit it to Hollywood - it's this country of yours with such friendly people - they've brought me out. Losing my shyness has made me what is laughingly called 'blossom'. ”