Meeting quotes363 meeting quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: From Here to Eternity
- Alma: Sit down and - and get comfortable. I'll make you a martini and see what's to cook for dinner.
- Robert E. Lee "Prew' Prewitt: Hey, this is like being married, ain't it?
- Alma: It's better.
- From the movie: The Quiet Man
“- Thornton: If anybody had told me six months ago that today I'd be in a graveyard in Innisfree with a girl like you that I'm just about to kiss, I'd have told 'em...
- Mary Kate Danaher: Oh, but the kisses are a long way off yet!
- Thornton: Huh?
- Mary Kate Danaher: Well, we just started a-courtin', and next month, we, we start the walkin' out...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Five Feet Apart
- From the movie: Aquaman
- From the movie: Arrival
“You know I've had my head tilted up to the stars for as long as I can remember. You know what surprised me the most? It wasn't meeting them. It was meeting you.”
- From the movie: A Little Romance
“I used to think, maybe a long time ago, like... like in the time of the pharaohs or Louis the XIIIth that, there was somebody, made just perfect for me. I mean, when you think about it and consider that your feelings of love, begin when you're about ten and if you live to say 70, well that's pretty limiting because, what chance is there that...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Coal Miner's Daughter
“Love is the delightful interval between meeting a beautiful girl and discovering that she looks like a haddock.”
- From the movie: Big Fish
“They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true. What they don't tell you is that when it starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up.”
- From the movie: Guess Who
“That's just it, she's everything I'm not. You know, she's my other half. Without her I'm not whole. You know the thing about meeting your other half is you're walking around, you think you're happy, you think you're whole, then you realize you ain't shit without her. Then you can't go back to being just a half 'cause you know what it's like to...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Four Feathers
“- Harry Feversham: Why are you protecting me?
- Abou Fatma: God put you in my way. I have no choice.
- Harry Feversham: God? An Englishman... and a Christian? You must have done something terrible to offend him.”
- From the movie: Master and Commander
- From the movie: The Muppet Christmas Carol
- From the movie: Joe Versus the Volcano
- From the movie: The Boondock Saints
- From the movie: Swimfan
“- Ben Cronin: Scouts are coming next week.
- Mr. Tillman: Girl scouts?
- Ben Cronin: No, swimming scouts from Stanford.”
- From the movie: Alita: Battle Angel
“- Alita: I don't mean to be rude, but am I supposed to know you?
- Dr. Dyson Ido: Actually we just met.”
- From the movie: Johnny English Strikes Again
“- Bough: Sir! Wonderful to see you!
- Johnny English: Yes, alright Bough, we're going on a mission, not a honeymoon.”
- From the movie: The Nutty Professor
“- Buddy Love: I know what you're thinking: Where's he been all my life? Right?
- Stella Purdy: No, not exactly.
- Buddy Love: And that you're happy with the way I handled those three goons, right? Well, normally I would've belted them, but I didn't want to muss myself all up and have you dance with a sloppy guy. Dig?”
- From the movie: Charade
“- Peter Joshua: Do we know each other?
- Reggie Lampert: Why, do you think we're going to?
- Peter Joshua: How would I know?
- Reggie Lampert: Because I already know an awful lot of people, so until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else.
- Peter Joshua: Well, if anyone goes on the critical list, let me know.”
“A good impression is sort of a juxtaposition of disparate elements.”
- From the movie: Vertigo
- From the movie: The Seventh Seal
“I met Death today. We are playing chess.”
- From the movie: Live by Night
- From the movie: An American in Paris
“- Henri Baurel: Be happy! You only find the right woman once.
- Adam Cook: That many times?”