“Bonjour tristesse” quotes(1958)
Plot – Cécile is a 17-year-old girl who lives in Paris with his rich father Raymond, widower for 15 years but still very handsome. Raymond hardly gives the girl any rule, not even in her studies, nor tries to put limits to her curiosity, especially in her love life. The movie thinks back to the last vacation in a villa in Côte d'Azur that they spent with Elsa, Raymond's new fianceé. Anne, a friend of Cécile's mother, arrives and, during the summer, tries to educate Cécile, who is used to be completely free. Anne might also end up marrying Raymond. After a series of troubles caused by Cécile, Anne understands that Raymond doesn't want to marry her and leaves.
All actors – Deborah Kerr, David Niven, Jean Seberg, Mylène Demongeot, Geoffrey Horne, Juliette Gréco, Walter Chiari, Martita Hunt, Roland Culver, Jean Kent, David Oxley, Elga Andersen, Jeremy Burnham, Eveline Eyfel, , Tutte Lemkow, Maryse Martin, Jackie Raynalshow all
“Bonjour tristesse” Quotes 9 quotes
“You tell someone you are rich and from America, and they always think you are from Texas!”
“- Philippe: I am confused. You know what I'd like to do?
- Cecile: What?
- Philippe: I'd like to go someplace alone with you and get very drunky-poo.
- Cecile: Phillipe, you'll be a credit to your mother yet.”
“- Anne Larson: You know, I spent my honeymoon by the sea 12 years ago.
- Cecile: Did you like it? I mean, the place?
- Anne Larson: Yes, I liked both it and the place.”
“- Cecile: Albertine! I mean Léontine! Slight maid problem. Some weird sisters rotate working for us.
- Anne Larson: Weird? How?
- Cecile: Every week one or the other is suddenly stricken with some odd malady. Maybe it's us.
- Maid: Yes, Mademoiselle?
- Cecile: Oh! Léontine...
- Maid: Léontine has a bad liver. I am her sister, Claudine.”
“It's getting out of control. I just wish I were a lot older or a lot younger.”
“- Anne Larson: You're looking wonderfully well. I'm surprised - and pleased.
- Cecile: Why surprised?
- Anne Larson: Well, from Raymond's description, I thought...
- Cecile: Oh, that was in Paris. And in Paris I was worn out from studying.”
“- Anne Larson: Are you studying now?
- Cecile: During vacation?
- Anne Larson: Well, you're going to take your examinations again, in October?
- Cecile: Why? Raymond never got a diploma.
- Anne Larson: Yes, but he worked hard, made quite a bit of money.
- Cecile: Well, if it's all gone, I'm sure they'll always be a man to take care of me. And...” (continue)(continue reading)