Independence quotes130 independence quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm a prophet against profit!”
“Ladies, you have to be strong and independent, and remember, don't get mad, get everything.”
“It's really about control, my body, my mind. Who was going to own it? Them? Or me? I'm not a one-man woman. Bottom line.”
“- Vicomte de Valmont: I often wonder how you manage to invent yourself.
- Marquise de Merteuil: Well, I had no choice, did I? I'm a woman. Women are obliged to be far more skillful than men. You can ruin our reputation and our life with a few well-chosen words. So, of course, I had to invent, not only myself, but ways of escape no one has every...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I was taught that I should come to New York, become an independent woman. And my prince would come, and he would be an agent, and he would get me a role, and I would make my living waiting on tables. I would wait - till thirty, till forty, till fifty. And I was taught that to be an actress, one should be fashionable, and to be fashionable is to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I never follow anybody's path, what they've done.”
“- Pat Wheeler: I told him you were one of the best.
- Colorado Ryan: Well, I'll tell you what I'm a lot better at, Mr. Wheeler... that's minding my own business.”
- Robert E. Lee "Prew' Prewitt: A man don't go his own way, he's nothing.
- Sergeant Milton Warden: Maybe back in the days of the pioneers a man could go his own way, but today you got to play ball.
“- Gertrude Bell: Even if you do not hear from me for several months, pay no attention and send no one.
- Charles Doughty-Wylie: The Druzes will take you for a spy.
- Gertrude Bell: Yes, well maybe I am. Maybe I am a spy. But I am a spy for no one. No one but myself.”
“We do what we wanna do. Go where we wanna go.”
“We all have to lead our own lives in the end, you know.”
“An artist must be cynical and not worry about the welfare of humans or Gods in his art.”
“If we're all living in ourselves and mistaking it for life, then we're devaluing and desensitizing life.”
“Why should the Falls drag me down here at 5 o'clock in the morning? To show me how big they are and how small I am? To remind me they can get along without any help? All right, so they've proved it. But why not? They've had ten thousand years to get independent. What's so wonderful about that? I suppose I could too, only it might take a little...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Tonight we get to be our own gods.”
“There's one more thing you better understand. I have taught myself to sew, cook, fix plumbing, build furniture - I can even pat myself on the back when necessary - all so I don't have to ask anyone for anything. There's nothing I need from anyone except for love and respect and anyone who can't give me those two things has no place in my life.”
“I learned something today, pop. It was really painful, but I learned something. I learned that I have to depend on myself. I can't depend on anybody else and that's ok. You know why? Because I'm a really good person to depend on.”
“I do ballet because it has nothing to do with the people. Give me tiaras and boys in tights any day.”
“I'm my own bitch now!”
“The morals of yesterday are no more. They are as dead as the day they were lived. Economic independence has put woman on exactly the same footing as man.”
“- Religious Man: Son, you're at a turning point in your life.
- Sonny Burns: Then let me take the fucking turn myself!”