“I'll bet they got a lid on every trash can… Uh-oh, and a fence around every tree! I wonder what the leash-and-collar set does for excitement?”
“Lady and the Tramp” quotes(1955)
Plot – A young husband gives to his wife Lilli, a small and lovely dog. The puppy becomes soon the queen of the house, but the arrival of a baby makes Lilli feel abandoned and repudiated. She's destinated to the kennel too, but Lilli escapes. Only Biagio, a stray dog, saves her from troubles. When the two dogs save the baby from a serious danger, the couple accepts them in the house as a reward. The dogs become the child's most loyal and devoted friends.
All actors – Peggy Lee, Larry Roberts, Bill Baucom, Verna Felton, George Givot, Stan Freberg, Lee Millar, Barbara Luddy, Bill Thompson, Dal McKennon, Alan Reed, The Mellomenshow all
“Lady and the Tramp” Quotes 8 quotes
“- Lady: What's a baby?
- Jock: Well, they... they resemble humans.
- Trusty: But I'd say a mite smaller.
- Jock: Aye, and they walk on all fours.
- Trusty: And if I remember correctly... they beller a lot.
- Jock: Aye, and they're very expensive. You'll no be permitted to play with it.
- Trusty: But they're mighty sweet.
- Jock: And very very...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Trusty: As my grandpappy, Ol' Reliable used to say... I don't recollect that I've ever mentioned Ol' Reliable before?
- Jock: Aye, you have, laddie. Frequently.”
“We are Siamese if you please. We are Siamese if you don't please.”
“A human heart has only so much room for love and affection. When a baby moves in, the dog moves out.”
- Tony: Hey, she's pretty sweet kiddo, Butch. You take a Tony's advice and settle down with this-a one, eh?
- Lady: "This-a one"?
- Tramp: This-a one... this-a... Oh! Tony, you know. He's-a not-a speak-a English-a pretty good.
“You see, Pidge, when you're footloose and collar-free, well, you take nothing but the best.”
“Everybody knows a man's best friend is his human.”