“- Sari Hatvany: Don't you understand? Lucky at love, unlucky at cards. Or, versa-vica.
- Pierre: Versa vica.”
“Meet Me in Las Vegas” quotes(1956)
Plot – Jack owns a ranch but loves to gamble in Las Vegas, place where he loses all the money he earns. One day, he places a bet while holding dancer’s hand, Maria, and wins. He tries again and he wins once more. Certain that the girl is lucky, he takes her to his ranch, and she falls in love with him. Her love is not requited: the man thinks that she's nothing more than a lucky charm.
All actors – Dan Dailey, Cyd Charisse, Agnes Moorehead, Lili Darvas, Jim Backus, Oskar Karlweis, Liliane Montevecchi, Cara Williams, George Chakiris, Betty Lynn, Henry Slate, Jack Slate, Sid Slate, Pete Rugolo, John Brascia, John Harding, Benny Rubin, Jack Daly, Henny Backus, Jerry Colonna, Paul Henreid, Lena Horne, Frankie Laine, Mitsuko Sawamura, The Four Aces, , Pier Angeli, Phil Arnold, Roscoe Ates, Brandon Beach, Audrey Betz, George Blagoi, Willie Bloom, Herman Boden, Leonard Bremen, Ralph Brooks, George Bruggeman, Buddy Bryan, Shirley Buchanan, Benny Burt, Bill Chatham, Chuck Courtney, Oliver Cross, Vic Damone, Roy Damron, Sammy Davis Jr., Jack Deery, Patricia Denise, George DeNormand, Billy Dix, Robert Dix, Barbara Drake, Michael Dugan, John Eldredge, Dick Elliott, Ward Ellis, Luigi Faccuito, Matty Fain, James Farrar, Adolph Faylauer, Bess Flowers, Lee Tung Foo, Steve Forrest, Sig Frohlich, Ben Frommer, Robert Fuller, Ralph Gamble, Kay Garrett, James Gonzalez, Dick Gordon, Ronald Green, Dabbs Greer, Stuart Hall, Art Howard, Dickie Humphreys, Casse Jaeger, Dulcy Jordan, Maurice Kelly, Kenner G. Kemp, Barbara Knudson, Michael Kostrick, Frank Kreig, Frank Kumagai, Joseph La Cava, Mike Lally, Richard LaMarr, Clark Lee, Luana Lee, Caryl Lincoln, Peter Lorre, Kate MacKenna, Mike Mahoney, Peggy Maley, Dewey Martin, Tony Martin, Bert May, Marjorie May, June McCall, Tipp McClure, Bill McLean, Walter Merrill, Peggy Moffitt, Barry Norton, Ron Nyman, Lillian Powell, Paul Power, Dan Quigg, Frank Radcliffe, Allan Ray, Joey Ray, Debbie Reynolds, Al Rhein, Mitchell Rhein, Gloria Rhoads, Phil Rich, Jeff Richards, Leoda Richards, Victor Romito, Ben Roseman, Jerry Rush, Zell Russell, Scott Seaton, Bernard Sell, Perry Sheehan, Kathryn Sheldon, Frank Sinatra, Buddy Spencer, Helen Spring, Bert Stevens, Elaine Stewart, Jerry Velasco, Gisele Verlaine, Mel Welles, Frank Wilcox, Marc Wilder, Guy Wilkerson, Allen Wood, Hank Wordenshow all
“Meet Me in Las Vegas” Quotes 12 quotes
“They are nervous creatures, ballerinas.”
“- Maria Corvier: I just wanted to know how you feel about ballet?
- Chuck Rodwell: What?
- Maria Corvier: Ballet.
- Chuck Rodwell: Oh, ballet, Oh, I can take it or leave it. Of course, I haven't seen you, yet.
- Maria Corvier: You certainly haven't.”
“- Pierre: May I join the celebration? I'll take the check and leave with the check; of course, after drinking your health in champagne. If they have champagne in Las Vegas?
- Maria Corvier: They have everything in Las Vegas.”
“You put the hand, I put up the money.”
“- Maria Corvier: Could we dance? Just for a minute, I've never danced with anyone, except professionally.
- Chuck Rodwell: Bunny, it occurs to me there's an awful lot of things you've never done.
- Maria Corvier: You have no idea. In fact, I had no idea. And I'd like to do every single one of them tonight.”
“I thought it'd be fun to have a little fun! You know, talk and dance and - talk.”
“- Pierre: Ah, it isn't so difficult. It isn't as if you had to be cooperative and reasonable like a normal human being. You're a ballerina. You're not supposed to be normal.
- Maria Corvier: Nobody is normal in Las Vegas!”
- Sari Hatvany: "Pierre says, Pierre says, says, says." Since you are 14, Pierre is always saying. Isn't it time you say a few words yourself?
- Maria Corvier: You're the one who's always saying, "Listen to Pierre. A ballerina shouldn't think."
“- Maria Corvier: While I'm dancing, people will be eating?
- Tom Culdane: Well, after all, how much noise do people make eating?
- Maria Corvier: Crunching celery, drinking soup, talking. Oh, no, Mr. Culdane, I'm sorry, it's impossible.”