Memory quotes277 memory quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Happiness is good health and a bad memory.”
“As life progresses, images blur. All that remains are memories. Some of them true, some of them false.”
“An event as pivotal as this one should be amply equipped to penetrate the fog of time elapsed.”
“Every drink of liquor you take kills a thousand brain cells. Now that doesn't much matter 'cause we got billions more. And first the sadness cells die so you smile real big. And then the quiet cells go so you just say everything real loud for no reason at all. That’s ok, that's ok because the stupid cells go next, so everything you say is real...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Major: It feels like... there's always this thick fog over my memory and I can't see through it.
- Batou: You're lucky. Every single day I get screwed by my memories.”
“Rome. I will cherish my visit here in memory as long as I live.”
“If I knew things would no longer be, I would have tried to remember better.”
“- Chuck: I still remember the war.
- Dave Buznik: Oh, yeah?
- Chuck: Yeah, I remember waking up to the sound of bombs dropping and children screaming.
- Dave Buznik: Oh, you were in Vietnam?
- Chuck: No... Grenada.
- Dave Buznik: Didn't that, like, last only 12 hours?”
“I remember my first relationship, and it was something similar to theirs... except Imogen never wore that much jewelry... and I wouldn't be caught dead in those shoes.”
“I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to hell with you!”
“Memory is a selection of images, some elusive, others imprinted indelibly on the brain.”
“You know how you can tell when you really love someone? When everyone you see reminds you of him.”
“We'll always have Paris.”
“I wondered if a memory is something you have or something you've lost.”
“The blues ain't nothing but a good man feeling bad, thinking about the woman he once was with.”
“- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: I am not your son. And I've never thought of you as my father. You've been much too informal to me for that. Do you ever think about him? And what do you think about?
- Heinrich Harrer: It's not a conscious thought really, Kundun. He is always there. When I crossed Tibet he was with me. When I came to Lhasa he was...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mrs. Wilkes: You have got no right to be here. It has taken me ten years to get that goddamned war out of his head.
- Col. Cal Rhodes: Looks to me like it's still in his head pretty strong.
- Mrs. Wilkes: Oh, that's very deep. Gee, where were you all the days he just sat for hours, staring at the walls?”
“You shouldn't keep souvenirs of a killing. You shouldn't have been that sentimental.”
“The good stuff? The pictures in our mind that fade away the fastest? Those pieces of you it feels the easiest to lose.”