Language quotes294 language quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Ian Donnelly: If you immerse yourself into a foreign language, then you can actually rewire your brain.
- Louise Banks: Yeah, the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis. It's the theory that the language you speak determines how you think and...
- Ian Donnelly: Yeah, it affects how you see everything.”
“He doesn't speak English. If he does, it's with an accent thicker than sauerkraut sauce.”
- Baby Groot: I am Groot.
- Yondu: What's that?
- Rocket: He says, "welcome to the frickin' Guardians of the Galaxy". Only he didn't use "frickin'".
“- Toni: You know, I don't understand anything you are saying.
- Joel: Don't you speak French?
- Toni: Not your French.”
“- Bob: Look at her. Well?
- Larry: She's got, tits like a sparrow.
- Bob: Do you, have to talk like that?
- Larry: What are you, my mother?”
“- Lt. Leak: Captain, uh... there must be some mistake. I'm supposed to be in a Texas unit. Most of these boys are from New York and I just don't understand a word these city fellers are sayin'.
- Capt. George McMurtry: You don't have to understand them Lieutenant, they have to understand you.”
“Jodia puta, te estoy comiendo el culo!”
“Hello, my family and I were looking for sex.”
“- Pete Komisky: Okay, Thursday?
- Natalie Cook: [excited] My favorite day!
- Pete Komisky: Great. I'm gonna tickets.
- Natalie Cook: [still excited] I love tickets!
- Alex Munday: [over Walkie-Talkie] Whadda'ya know. A guy who speaks Natalie.”
“Just because I talk with an accent doesn't mean I think with an accent.”
There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job".
“Letters are symbols. They are building blocks of words which form our languages. Languages help us communicate. Even with complicated languages used by intelligent people, misunderstanding is a common occurrence. We write things down sometimes — letters, words — hoping they will serve us and those with whom we wish to communicate. Letters and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Fred-Ah, welcome to mi casa! It's French for 'front door'.
Honey Lemon-It's really... not.”
“The English language can not fully capture the depth and complexity of my thoughts, so I’m incorporating emojis into my speech to better express myself. Winky face.”
“- Sir Lionel Frost: How do you speak English so well?
- The Elder: How do you speak English so well?
- Sir Lionel Frost: Well...
- The Elder: How do you know I'm not speaking Yeti?”
“I made stories, legends. After all, what is language for? It's not just the naming of things, is it? It's the lifeblood of a culture, a people.”
“I don't swear just for the hell of it. Language is a poor enough means of communication. I think we should all the words we've got. Besides, there are damn few words that anybody understands.”
“I think all art - if it's good - is a result of really trying to create something that you can't put into words. Where language ends is where good art begins.”