“White Christmas” quotes(1954)
Plot – Two comrades-in-arms have started a variety-show company and are hired for the Christmas party at the ‘Snow Paradise’, a hotel in the mountains, that is desert because…there is no snow. The owner of the hotel is their ex-general, but now he is near bankruptcy. In the name of comradeship, the two guys work hard on the party, which is a true success. Moreover, the snow and the love arrive.
All actors – Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, Vera-Ellen, Dean Jagger, Mary Wickes, John Brascia, Anne Whitfield, Bea Allen, Joan Bayley, Mae Bruce, Tony Butalashow all
“White Christmas” Quotes 16 quotes
“In some ways you're far superior to my Cocker Spaniel.”
“- Major General Thomas F. Waverly: I got along very well in the Army without you.
- Emma Allen: It took 15,000 men to take my place.”
“Well, I'm more the 'I-don't-mind-pushing-my-best-friend-into-but-I'm-scared-stiff-when-I-get-anywhere-close-to-it-myselfing' kind.”
- Phil Davis: How much is "wow"?
- Bob Wallace: It's right in between, uh, between "ouch" and "boing".
“- Phil Davis: My dear partner, when what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting, whatever it is you've got left.
- Bob Wallace: When I figure out what that means, I’ll come up with a crushing reply.”
“- Phil Davis: We wouldn't be any good as generals.
- Major General Thomas F. Waverly: You weren't any good as privates.”
“May all your Christmases be white. Merry Christmas!”
“- Phil Davis: We seem to be getting a little mixed up.
- Judy Haynes: Maybe it's the music.
- Phil Davis: Maybe it isn't only the music.”
“- Bob Wallace: How do you do?
- Doris: Mutual, I'm sure.”
“Now the crooner is becoming the comic!”
“Vermont must be beautiful this time of year...all that snow!”
“- Phil Davis: All right, they didn't go to college. They didn't go to Smith.
- Bob Wallace: Go to Smith? She couldn't even spell it.”
“- Phil Davis: How can you stop an angry dog from biting you on Monday?
- Betty Haynes: That joke is old. The answer is to kill the dog on Sunday!
- Phil Davis: That's not the way to stop a dog from biting you on Monday!
- Betty Haynes: How would you bring the thing about?
- Phil Davis: Have the doggy's teeth pulled out!”