“The Great Escape” quotes(1963)
Plot – During World War II some prisoners, who tried several times to escape, are transferred to a German camp which has a particular kind of supervision. The so called "evasion specialists" know each other and organize all together an escape through the underground tunnels. Despite many of them are captured back, some others make it.
All actors – Steve McQueen, James Garner, Richard Attenborough, James Donald, Charles Bronson, Donald Pleasence, James Coburn, Hannes Messemer, David McCallum, Gordon Jackson, John Leyton, Angus Lennie, Nigel Stock, Robert Graf, Jud Taylor, Hans Reiser, Harry Riebauer, William Russell, Robert Freitag, Ulrich Beiger, George Mikell, Lawrence Montaigne, Robert Desmond, Til Kiwe, Heinz Weiss, Tom Adams, Karl-Otto Albertyshow all
“The Great Escape” Quotes 7 quotes
“Tea without milk is so uncivilized.”
“- Blythe 'The Forger': Tea?
- Hendley 'The Scrounger': I only drank tea once. In a hospital.”
“- Strachwitz: What are you doing over here by the wire?
- Hilts 'The Cooler King': Well, like I told Max here, I was trying to get my...
- Von Luger 'The Kommandant': What were you doing by the wire?
- Hilts 'The Cooler King': Well, like I told Max... I was trying to cut my way through your wire because I want to get out.”
“It is the sworn duty of all officers to try to escape.”
“- Hilts 'The Cooler King': Wait a minute. You aren't seriously suggesting that if I get through the wire... and case everything out there... and don't get picked up... to turn myself in and get thrown back in the cooler for a couple of months so you can get the information you need?
- Bartlett 'Big X': Yes.”
“- Sedgwick 'Manufacturer': Danny, do you speak Russian?
- Danny 'Tunnel King': A little, but only one sentence.
- Sedgwick 'Manufacturer': Well, let me have it, mate.
- Danny 'Tunnel King': Ya vas lyublyu.
- Sedgwick 'Manufacturer': Ya ya vas...
- Danny 'Tunnel King': Lyublyu.
- Sedgwick 'Manufacturer': Lyubliu? Ya vas lyubliu. Ya vas lyublyu....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Von Luger 'The Kommandant': Are all American officers so ill-mannered?
- Hilts 'The Cooler King': Yeah, about 99 percent.
- Von Luger 'The Kommandant': Then perhaps while you are with us you will have a chance to learn some. Ten days isolation, Hilts.
- Hilts 'The Cooler King': Captain Hilts.
- Von Luger 'The Kommandant': Twenty days.
- Hilts...” (continue)(continue reading)