“The Dirty Dozen” quotes(1967)
Plot – An irritable major has to train 12 prisoners, some of them sentenced to death. Their mission is to destroy a German command by sneaking into a castle where the enemies are killing many officials. The major’s aim is not only to train the soldiers, but also to make them understand that they are a team by putting them on trial. If they fail, they will face their own sentences.
All actors – Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine, Charles Bronson, Jim Brown, John Cassavetes, Richard Jaeckel, George Kennedy, Trini López, Ralph Meeker, Robert Ryan, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherlandshow all
“The Dirty Dozen” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Maj. Reisman: So what does that give you?
- Capt. Stuart Kinder: Doesn't give me anything. But along with these other results, it gives you just about the most twisted, anti-social bunch of psychopathic deformities I have ever run into! And the worst, the most dangerous of the bunch, is Maggott. You've got one religious maniac, one malignant...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Col. Everett Dasher Breed: Reisman! Some people may consider you a first-class officer. But as far as I'm concerned, you're a disorganized, undisciplined clown. I'm gonna' make it my business to run you out of this Army.
- Maj. Reisman: I owe you an apology, colonel. I always thought that you were a cold, unimaginative, tight-lipped officer....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I never went in for embroidery, just results.”
“- Maj. Reisman: How come you speak German?
- Joseph Wladislaw: My old man came from Silesia. He didn't speak German, he didn't dig coal. If he didn't dig coal, he didn't eat.”
“Killing generals could get to be a habit with me.”
“Feed the French and kill the Germans.”
“- Vernon Pinkley: [impersonating a General] Where are you from, son?
- Soldier: Madison City, Missouri, sir!
- Vernon Pinkley: Never heard of it.”
“- Maj. Reisman: Which one of you guys wants to be a general? Pinkley?
- Vernon Pinkley: What kind of general, sir?
- Maj. Reisman: Just a plain, ordinary, every day, home-lovin' American general.
- Vernon Pinkley: I'd rather be a civilian, sir.”
“- Maj. Reisman: [briefing the dozen] And kill any officer in sight.
- Victor Franko: Ours or theirs?”