Steve McQueen quotes
“I live for myself and I answer to nobody.”
“I learned that life is a long and difficult road, but you have to keep going, or you'll fall by the wayside.”
“I can't work in an environment where it's a stiff hierarchy; that's not my kind of way.”
“I'm not sure that acting is something for a grown man to be doing.”
“I just see myself as a guy who's trying to make a film or, make art.”
“I'm not that interesting of a person.”
“- U.S. Marshal Joe Belle: Do you know who I am?
- Tom Horn: No.
- U.S. Marshal Joe Belle: What you were in the Southwest, I was in the Northwest.
- Tom Horn: I was mostly out of work.”
“Sam, I never did see such a pasty-faced bunch of marshals.”
“- Strachwitz: What are you doing over here by the wire?
- Hilts 'The Cooler King': Well, like I told Max here, I was trying to get my...
- Von Luger 'The Kommandant': What were you doing by the wire?
- Hilts 'The Cooler King': Well, like I told Max... I was trying to cut my way through your wire because I want to get out.”
“- Tom Horn: Did you get the letter that is telling you to not come around here?
- Lee Mendenhour: I got your fucking letter, champion! I rolled it up in the back with tobacco and smoked it!”
“- Hilts 'The Cooler King': Wait a minute. You aren't seriously suggesting that if I get through the wire... and case everything out there... and don't get picked up... to turn myself in and get thrown back in the cooler for a couple of months so you can get the information you need?
- Bartlett 'Big X': Yes.”
“- Von Luger 'The Kommandant': Are all American officers so ill-mannered?
- Hilts 'The Cooler King': Yeah, about 99 percent.
- Von Luger 'The Kommandant': Then perhaps while you are with us you will have a chance to learn some. Ten days isolation, Hilts.
- Hilts 'The Cooler King': Captain Hilts.
- Von Luger 'The Kommandant': Twenty days.
- Hilts...” (continue)(continue reading)