James Garner quotes
“- Murphy Jones: I'm in love for the last time in my life.
- Emma Moriarity: I'm in love for the first time in my life.”
“I'm a widower. That's like catnip to a cat, in a town where the ladies outnumber you ten to one.”
“Jason, any process worth going through will get tougher before it gets easier. That's what make learning a gift, even if pain is your teacher.”
“- Norma Cassady: You know, I know he's supposed to protect you, but does he have to stay in the same suite with us? I mean I just keep expecting him to break in while we're, uh... while we're making love.
- King Marchand: He'd only do that if he heard something unusual. Like if I got excited!”
“- Bobby Jack Moriarty: I think you're banging Emma?
- Murphy Jones: Banging? That's an ugly expression for that particular pleasure.
- Bobby Jack Moriarty: How about fucking?
- Murphy Jones: I don't like that one a whole alot better! And, if I was, it would be none of your concern.”
“- Maj. Gen. V.E. Hubik: You know, Pentagon duty isn't bad for a family.
- Zack: Neither is fishing, sir.
- Maj. Gen. V.E. Hubik: In your hat, Sergeant Major.
- Zack: Yes sir, General sir. Three bags full.”
“When I achieved my dreams, it was like going home to a place I'd never been before.”
“- Emma Moriarity: Stay to supper, Murphy?
- Murphy Jones: I won't do that unless I'm still here at breakfast.
- Emma Moriarity: How do you like your eggs?”
“- Frank Corvin: Well, what do you say, Reverend? You think a prayer's in order?
- Tank Sullivan: I was just reciting the Shepard's Prayer. Alan Shepard's prayer. Oh Lord, please don't let us screw up. Amen.”
“- President Matt Douglas: Let me ask you something. In all the years ex-presidents have had Secret Service protection, has there ever been even one assassination attempt on any of 'em?
- Chet: Uh, no, sir.
- President Matt Douglas: I find that sad. The minute you're out of office they don't care enough about you to kill you anymore. People are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Allie: Do you think our love, can take us away together?
- Duke: I think our love can do anything we want it to.”
“- Murphy Jones: You are a miserable little son of a bitch, you know that? I don't know why she took you in the house... I'd bed you down with the dogs! And I'll tell you something else, mister, you may be a lot younger and stronger, but you're about to get your ass kicked from here to the state line... and I'm wearin' the boots that can do it!
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- King Marchand: I don't care if you are a man.
- Victoria Grant: I'm... not a man.
- King Marchand: I still don't care.”
“- King Marchand: Milk.
- Bartender: Would that be cow's milk, monsieur, or mother's milk?
- King Marchand: How about your sister's?”
“- Blythe 'The Forger': Tea?
- Hendley 'The Scrounger': I only drank tea once. In a hospital.”
“- Siddalee 'Sidda' Walker: Daddy, did you get loved enough?
- Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: What's enough? My question is, did you?”
“Science only goes so far and then comes God.”
“- Victoria Grant: Your problem, Mr. Marchand, is that you're preoccupied with stereotypes. I think it's as simple as you're one kind of man, I'm another.
- King Marchand: And what kind are you?
- Victoria Grant: One that doesn't have to prove it. To myself, or anyone.”
- Robert: Why did you give me a ride?
- Catherine: Because I was looking for a nightmarish adventure in the snowy wilderness.
- Robert: No, why did you?
- Catherine: Because I recognized the look.
- Robert: What look?
- Catherine: The look that says, "I love my mate more than anything in the world, but if I spend one more minute in herewatching... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Duke: How's it hangin', Harry?
- Harry: I keep trying to die, but they won't let me.
- Duke: Well, you can't have everything.”