England quotes130 england quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“There is certainly a higher percentage of wit in British comedy than in American comedy.”
People say: "Don't you miss it, Gal?". I say: "What, England? Nah. Fucking place. It's a dump. Don't make me laugh. Grey, grimy, sooty. What a shit hole. What a toilet. Every cunt with a long face shuffling about, moaning, all worried. No thanks, not for me". They say: "What's it like, then, Spain?". And I'll say: "It's hot. Hot. Oh, it's... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Major Ashley-Pitt: In our experience, Americans are uncouth misfits who should be run out of their own barbaric country.
- Matthew Quigley: Well, Lieutenant...
- Major Ashley-Pitt: Major.
- Matthew Quigley: Major. We already run the misfits outta our country. We sent them back to England.”
“In English eyes, all foreigners are sinister.”
“I didn't travel 10,000 miles to spend my first morning in England talking to some wiseass chick from Weehawken, New Jersey.”
“Tea without milk is so uncivilized.”
“In England, there's no acknowledgement the invention of slavery came from Britain.”
“I’m British, I never cry!”
“- Dr. Grace Hart: I could never live in a country with an unelected ruler, like the Queen.
- Watson: [scoffs] Whyever not?
- Dr. Grace Hart: In America we have democracy. Our president is a person our people have all chosen, an assurance that only the finest and most qualified man will lead, not a wealthy tyrant who cares for nothing but...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What's interesting about the U.K. is that it celebrates an alternative voice. It's up for telling new stories.”
“I am an American. I adore Britain and have a strong English half, but my roots are here in the U.S. - it is not a matter of choice; it is simply fact.”
“- Leonard Vole: But this is England, where I thought you never arrest, let alone convict, people for crimes they have not committed.
- Sir Wilfrid: We try not to make a habit of it.”
“An Englishman never jokes about a wager, sir.”
“Trouble with England, it's all pomp and no circumstance. You're very wise to get out of it, escape, while you can.”
“- Gertrude Bell: England needs to get out of its colonies sooner rather than later.
- Col. T.E. Lawrence: I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: Madame must not be too hasty. She must remember that I am an Englishman.
- Nikolai Rogozhin: So?
- Sherlock Holmes: You know what they say about us: if there's one thing more deplorable than our cooking, it's our lovemaking. We are not the most romantic of people.
- Nikolai Rogozhin: Perfect! We don't want sentimental idiots,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Log Cabin Girl: But James, I need you!
- James Bond: So does England!”
“- Guildenstern: I don't believe in it anyway.
- Rosencrantz: What?
- Guildenstern: England.
- Rosencrantz: Just a conspiracy of cartographers, then?”
“- Cohessy: Sir, what use is Euclid when the Germans are bombing everything in sight?
- Teacher: What use is Euclid? Without Euclid, the Messerschmitt could never have taken to the sky and dart from cloud to cloud and bomb the bejesus - out of the English, who deserve it after what they did to the Irish for 800 years. Euclid is grace and beauty...” (continue)(continue reading)