Richard Attenborough quotes
“I'm a passionate trade unionist.”
“I'm not just a whimsical figure who wears a charming suit and affects a jolly demeanor. You know, I I I'm a symbol. I'm a symbol of the human ability to be able to suppress the selfish and hateful tendencies that rule the major part of our lives. If you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life dominated...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The most advanced amusement park in the entire world. And I'm not just talking about rides, you know? Everybody has rides. No, we have made living biological attractions so astounding, that they'll capture the imaginations of the entire planet.”
“Spared no expense.”
“- Kris Kringle: You think I'm a fraud, don't you?
- Dorey Walker: Fraud is a bit too strong of a word.
- Kris Kringle: But you don't believe in me.
- Dorey Walker: I believe that Christmas is for children.
- Kris Kringle: Well your daughter doesn't believe in me, either.
- Dorey Walker: I don't think that there's any harm in not believing in a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dorey Walker: Would you be our Santa Claus?
- Kris Kringle: Uh, me?
- Dorey Walker: Well, do you have any experience?
- Kris Kringle: Well just a little.”
“I am passionately opposed to capital punishment, and I have been all my life.”
“I prefer fact to fiction.”
“Now it's only a matter of time before this lost world… is found and pillaged.”
“- Hammond: Condors are on the verge of extinction! If I were to create a flock of condors on this island, you wouldn't have anything to say!
- Malcolm: This isn't some species that was obliterated by deforestation or the building of a dam. Dinosaurs had their shot and nature selected them for extinction!”
“It's our last chance at redemption.”
“- Hammond: There is no doubt our attractions will drive kids out of their minds.
- Grant: What are those?
- Ellie: Small versions of adults, honey.”
“- Grant: Mr. Hammond, after careful consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park.
- Hammond: Neither do I.”
“Hiring Nedry was a mistake, that's obvious. We're over-dependent on automation. I can see that now. Now, the next time, everything is correctible. Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless.”
“- John Hammond: Don't worry, I'm not making the same mistakes again.
- Ian Malcolm: No, you're making all new ones.”
“- Bailiff: Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?
- Kris Kringle: Yes, but don't I put my hand on a Bible?
- Bailiff: No, sir, you don't.
- Kris Kringle: Well, I'll put my hand on my heart instead. I do.”