Army quotes255 army quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts!”
“God is going to have to answer to His maker for this part of the country.”
“They are now face-to-face with the most fearsome military machine in the history of man, and I intend to use it and be back on base in time for the playoffs.”
“- Major General Thomas F. Waverly: I got along very well in the Army without you.
- Emma Allen: It took 15,000 men to take my place.”
“We are here for something new, this has not happened much, in the history of the world. We are an army out to set other men free. America should be free ground, all of it, not divided by a line between slave states and free - all the way from here to the PacificOcean. No man has to bow. No man born to royalty. Here we judge you by what you do,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hodges: You ever had a pissed-off Marine on your ass?
- Sokal: Is that a threat?
- Hodges: Oh, yes, sir.”
“- Sgt. Emil Foley: You can forget it! You're out!
- Zack Mayo: Don't you do it! Don't! You... I got nowhere else to go! I got nowhere else to… I got nothin' else.”
- Recruiter: Now, are either of you homosexuals?
- John: You mean, like, flaming, or...
- Recruiter: Well, it's a standard question we have to ask.
- Russell: No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn.
- John: Yeah, would they send us someplace special?
- Recruiter: I guess that's "no" on both. Now if you could just give Uncle Sam... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maj. Henrich Prinz: You Americans, you always have so much of everything. No matter. Eventually you have to surrender.
- Lt. Leak: I don't think so.”
“I like sub commanders. They have no time for bullshit, and neither do I.”
“If I were going to be careful, I'd have joined the Coast Guard.”
“- Lieutenant Joyce: I'm sorry, Sir. I thought you were the enemy.
- Commander Shears: Well, I'm an American, if that's what you mean.”
“- Maj. Warden: I belong to a rather rum group called Force 316. Our headquarters is up in the botanical gardens.
- Commander Shears: Protecting rare plants from the enemy?”
“We are the fucking US military. We practically invented everything!”
“Wars aren't fought by nations or by armies. Wars are fought by men. There are two types of general in the American military. There are those who believe they can win in the face of all evidence to the contrary. And there are those who know they can't. Unfortunately for the world, it's the believers who climb to the top of the ladder. It's guys...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Acting is a business and a political act and a craft, but I also feel like it's a service - specifically, for a military audience.”
“The army cuts my disability pension because they said that the plate in my head wasn't big enough.”