Army quotes257 army quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I am here for all those voices which cannot be heard: mothers, daughters, fathers, sons, three hundred families that bleed for our rights. We must send the entire Spartan army to aid our king in the preservation of not just ourselves, but of our children. Send the army for the preservation of liberty. Send it for justice. Send it for law and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Colonel Isaac Johnson: You've got nothing on me. I'm covered. Call the Joint Chief.
- Attorney General Russert: That won't be necessary, Colonel, as I have already received no less than a dozen calls from highly-ranked and powerfully-placed individuals telling me to let you go. But the joy of checks and balances in our government is that I can...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts!”
“Remember the story of Icarus, whose father gave him wings of wax. Warned him not to fly too close to the sun. But the exhilaration was too great. So he flew higher and higher, until the sun melted his wings, and he fell into the sea. The US Army is not an irresponsible father. So they gave us wings of hot Pennsylvania steel, guaranteed not to melt.”
“God is going to have to answer to His maker for this part of the country.”
“- Boyd 'Bible' Swan: Welcome to the Army, Norm!
- Grady 'Coon-Ass' Travis: You did good. Best job I ever had!
- Boyd 'Bible' Swan: Best job I ever had!”
“I been pumping pussy since Christ was a corporal. I can tell you, the best damned poontang I ever paid for was in Da Nang. The girls were checked out daily. And we got ourself laid in a safe, orderly, proficient, military manner. That is until some suckhead writes home mama and says he dipped his wick in the Republic of South Vietnam. Then the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“They are now face-to-face with the most fearsome military machine in the history of man, and I intend to use it and be back on base in time for the playoffs.”
“- Major General Thomas F. Waverly: I got along very well in the Army without you.
- Emma Allen: It took 15,000 men to take my place.”
“We are here for something new, this has not happened much, in the history of the world. We are an army out to set other men free. America should be free ground, all of it, not divided by a line between slave states and free - all the way from here to the PacificOcean. No man has to bow. No man born to royalty. Here we judge you by what you do,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hodges: You ever had a pissed-off Marine on your ass?
- Sokal: Is that a threat?
- Hodges: Oh, yes, sir.”
“- Sgt. Emil Foley: You can forget it! You're out!
- Zack Mayo: Don't you do it! Don't! You... I got nowhere else to go! I got nowhere else to… I got nothin' else.”
- Recruiter: Now, are either of you homosexuals?
- John: You mean, like, flaming, or...
- Recruiter: Well, it's a standard question we have to ask.
- Russell: No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn.
- John: Yeah, would they send us someplace special?
- Recruiter: I guess that's "no" on both. Now if you could just give Uncle Sam... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maj. Henrich Prinz: You Americans, you always have so much of everything. No matter. Eventually you have to surrender.
- Lt. Leak: I don't think so.”
“I like sub commanders. They have no time for bullshit, and neither do I.”
“If I were going to be careful, I'd have joined the Coast Guard.”
Zhou-Beautiful tool, for terrible work.”
“- Lieutenant Joyce: I'm sorry, Sir. I thought you were the enemy.
- Commander Shears: Well, I'm an American, if that's what you mean.”
“- Maj. Warden: I belong to a rather rum group called Force 316. Our headquarters is up in the botanical gardens.
- Commander Shears: Protecting rare plants from the enemy?”