“- Mother: Why would I lie to you?
- Young Martin: Because you can.”
Plot – Martin is blind since he was born. He blames his mother because he thinks she has always lied to him about the truth. Martin is fond of photography since he was a child and when the woman dies he befriends Andy, asking him to describe the content of his photographs.
All actors – Hugo Weaving, Geneviève Picot, Russell Crowe, Heather Mitchell, Jeffrey Walker, Daniel Pollock, Frankie J. Holden, Frank Gallacher, Saskia Post, Belinda Davey, Cliff Ellen, Tania Uren, Robert James O'Neill, Anthony Rawling, Darko Tuscan, Adele Danielle, Roy Edmunds, Lisa Chambers, Suzanne Chapman, Angela Campbell, Osvaldo Maione, Carole Patullo, Corey, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Nicholas Braithwaiteshow all
“Proof” Quotes 7 quotes
“- Andy: You may be blind, but you still have to pay for what you ate.
- Martin: I ate nothing. My meal never arrived.”
“- Andy: Is she your sweetheart, Martin?
- Martin: Hell no! Sweetheart? Celia has no heart.”
- Martin: "Celia was in my employment for three and a half years. She proved herself to be an efficient housekeeper and a lively and provocative conversationalist. I heartily recommend her services".
- Celia: You didn't mention my breasts.
- Martin: Celia has exceptional breasts. Would you like me to add that?
“Everybody lies - but not all the time.”
“- Doctor: You've been blind all your life.
- Martin: I know.
- Doctor: What were you doing driving a car?
- Martin: I forgot.”
“- Andy: Why would your mother lie to you?
- Martin: To punish me, for being blind.
- Andy: Does it really matter if she lied to you about some garden?
- Martin: Yes... it was my world.”