Mother quotes558 mother quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Nick Styles: Do it for your mother.
- Odessa: What about my mother, motherfucker?
- Nick Styles: Your mother, nigga! The one that died of a broken heart, praying with my father every night over your sorry ass. The one that buried your kid brother without his head because they couldn't find it. Don't play me, Odessa.”
“- Katniss Everdeen: You can't tune out again.
- Katniss' Mother: I won't.
- Katniss Everdeen: No. You can't. Not like when Dad died. I won't be there anymore, and you're all she has. No matter what you feel, you have to be there for her. Do you understand?”
“Are you here? Are you always here? I miss you. I think about you all the time. I hear your voice say my name when I dream and when I wake up, there are tears streaming down my face. I just miss you, it's as simple as that. I want to tell you everything. I don't understand what you're saying. I can't hear your voice.”
“For 18 years your mother is the most important person to you in your entire life. And then... and then... One day poof! You're gone. And then what are you supposed to do. Like, just adjust? Just like that?”
“All women become like their mothers, that is their tragedy. No man does, that's his.”
I still have this uncontrollable urge to just go up to people and say "My mother left me when I was seven!". As if that would explain everything. And I miss her. And I hate her!
“Men who love their mothers treat women wonderfully. And they have enormous respect for women.”
“- Lloyd: Mother.
- Rose: What?
- Lloyd: Is it possible for you to shut the fuck up for five minutes?”
“Even bad men love their mommas.”
“A boy's best friend is his mother.”
“- Madison Bell: It's nice to finally meet your mother.
- Ben Cronin: What do you mean finally? You just met me.”
“- Princess Aouda: Have there been any women in his life?
- Passepartout: I assume he had a mother, but I am not certain.”
“People don't accept mothers who drink too much wine and yell at their child and call him an asshole. I get it. I do it too. We can accept an imperfect dad. Let's face it, the idea of a good father was only invented like 30 years ago. Before that, fathers were expected to be silent and absent and unreliable and selfish, and can all say we want...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Baravelli: Do you honor your father and mother?
- Titta: Yes, but they don't honor me. They beat me.
- Baravelli: You must annoy them.”
“My mother had fled an arranged marriage, left her whole world behind, but in my father's lighthouse, she had found something unexpected. And my father found the love of his life.”
“I was eight years old when my mother died. She loved traveling the world and digging up the past. He used to visit all the time, and then one day everything changed. She'd found something, something he wanted.”
“- Dr. Austin Sloper: Do you remember her mother? Her mother who had so much grace and gaiety. This is her child.
- Elizabeth Almond: Austin, no child could compete with this image you have of her mother.
- Dr. Austin Sloper: You're not entitled to say that. Only I know what I lost when she died and what I got in her place.”
“- Elton John: I'm... a homosexual. A poofter... a fairy... a queen... well say something!
- Sheila: Oh, for God's sake, I knew that. I've known for years.”