Mother quotes582 mother quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Nick Styles: Do it for your mother.
- Odessa: What about my mother, motherfucker?
- Nick Styles: Your mother, nigga! The one that died of a broken heart, praying with my father every night over your sorry ass. The one that buried your kid brother without his head because they couldn't find it. Don't play me, Odessa.”
“- Katniss Everdeen: You can't tune out again.
- Katniss' Mother: I won't.
- Katniss Everdeen: No. You can't. Not like when Dad died. I won't be there anymore, and you're all she has. No matter what you feel, you have to be there for her. Do you understand?”
“Are you here? Are you always here? I miss you. I think about you all the time. I hear your voice say my name when I dream and when I wake up, there are tears streaming down my face. I just miss you, it's as simple as that. I want to tell you everything. I don't understand what you're saying. I can't hear your voice.”
“No matter how much she damaged me, no matter how flawed she is. I know my mother loves me.”
“For 18 years your mother is the most important person to you in your entire life. And then... and then... One day poof! You're gone. And then what are you supposed to do. Like, just adjust? Just like that?”
“All women become like their mothers, that is their tragedy. No man does, that's his.”
I still have this uncontrollable urge to just go up to people and say "My mother left me when I was seven!". As if that would explain everything. And I miss her. And I hate her!
“Men who love their mothers treat women wonderfully. And they have enormous respect for women.”
“- Lynn Bracken: Where did this come from?
- Bud White: When I was twelve, my old man went after my mother with a bottle. I got in the way.
- Lynn Bracken: So you saved her.
- Bud White: Not for long.”
“- Lloyd: Mother.
- Rose: What?
- Lloyd: Is it possible for you to shut the fuck up for five minutes?”
“The mother's injuries are to be handed down to the daughter. The mother's failures are to be paid for by the daughter. The mother's unhappiness is to be the daughter's unhappiness. It's as if the umbilical cord had never been cut.”
She'd shack up with anybody she could learn from so she could teach me how to be this "great military leader". Then she gets busted. And it's like, "Sorrykid, your mom's a psycho. Didn't you know?". It's like everything I'd been brought up to believe was all made of bullshit. I hated her for that! But everything she said was true. She knew...... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Alexander: It's a high ransom she charges for nine months lodging in the womb.
- Hephaistion: Bring her to Babylon, Alexander. It'll give her such joy.
- Alexander: Joy! I am the cracked mirror of her dreams... Stay with me tonight Hephaistion.
- Hephaistion: What bothers you?
- Alexander: I see in her everything I fear. Yet I have no idea...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There are things your mother doesn't want to hear. She only believes in what she was taught. But don't worry. Sooner or later everything will be different.”
“Even bad men love their mommas.”
“A boy's best friend is his mother.”
“- Madison Bell: It's nice to finally meet your mother.
- Ben Cronin: What do you mean finally? You just met me.”
“- Bud White: He tied me to the radiator. I watched him beat my mother to death with a tire iron. Then he left me there. Three days before a truant officer found us... they never found the old man.
- Lynn Bracken: Is that why you became a cop? To get even?
- Bud White: Maybe.”
“A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.”
“The heart of a mother is a deep abyss, at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.”
“The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.”