Mother quotes567 mother quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Nick Styles: Do it for your mother.
- Odessa: What about my mother, motherfucker?
- Nick Styles: Your mother, nigga! The one that died of a broken heart, praying with my father every night over your sorry ass. The one that buried your kid brother without his head because they couldn't find it. Don't play me, Odessa.”
“- Katniss Everdeen: You can't tune out again.
- Katniss' Mother: I won't.
- Katniss Everdeen: No. You can't. Not like when Dad died. I won't be there anymore, and you're all she has. No matter what you feel, you have to be there for her. Do you understand?”
“Are you here? Are you always here? I miss you. I think about you all the time. I hear your voice say my name when I dream and when I wake up, there are tears streaming down my face. I just miss you, it's as simple as that. I want to tell you everything. I don't understand what you're saying. I can't hear your voice.”
“No matter how much she damaged me, no matter how flawed she is. I know my mother loves me.”
“For 18 years your mother is the most important person to you in your entire life. And then... and then... One day poof! You're gone. And then what are you supposed to do. Like, just adjust? Just like that?”
“All women become like their mothers, that is their tragedy. No man does, that's his.”
I still have this uncontrollable urge to just go up to people and say "My mother left me when I was seven!". As if that would explain everything. And I miss her. And I hate her!
“Men who love their mothers treat women wonderfully. And they have enormous respect for women.”
“- Lloyd: Mother.
- Rose: What?
- Lloyd: Is it possible for you to shut the fuck up for five minutes?”
“The mother's injuries are to be handed down to the daughter. The mother's failures are to be paid for by the daughter. The mother's unhappiness is to be the daughter's unhappiness. It's as if the umbilical cord had never been cut.”
She'd shack up with anybody she could learn from so she could teach me how to be this "great military leader". Then she gets busted. And it's like, "Sorrykid, your mom's a psycho. Didn't you know?". It's like everything I'd been brought up to believe was all made of bullshit. I hated her for that! But everything she said was true. She knew...... (continue)(continue reading)
“Even bad men love their mommas.”
“A boy's best friend is his mother.”
“- Madison Bell: It's nice to finally meet your mother.
- Ben Cronin: What do you mean finally? You just met me.”
“- Norman Bates: It's not like my mother is a maniac or a raving thing. She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?
- Marion Crane: Yes. Sometimes just one time can be enough.”
“- Marion Crane: Do you go out with friends?
- Norman Bates: A boy's best friend is his mother.”
“- Mrs. Restes: You'll miss my wedding!
- Jimmy Foster: Mother, I have never missed one of your weddings.
- Mrs. Restes: Yes, you did. My first one.”
“After I first met my mom she couldn’t pronounce my identify. My father prompt that they rename me. They picked Luce, which suggests mild.”
“- Lora Meredith: Now, just a moment, young lady! It's only because of my ambition that you've had the best of everything. And that's a solid achievement that any mother can be proud of!
- Susie, age 16: And how about a mother's love?
- Lora Meredith: Love? But you've always had that!
- Susie, age 16: Yes, by telephone, by postcard, by magazine...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've had a very supportive mother my entire life, so I've had strong women around me.”
“- Princess Aouda: Have there been any women in his life?
- Passepartout: I assume he had a mother, but I am not certain.”
“People don't accept mothers who drink too much wine and yell at their child and call him an asshole. I get it. I do it too. We can accept an imperfect dad. Let's face it, the idea of a good father was only invented like 30 years ago. Before that, fathers were expected to be silent and absent and unreliable and selfish, and can all say we want...” (continue)(continue reading)