Hugo Weaving quotes
“He's afraid. He's trying to hang on to a way of life that doesn't exist anymore. Municipal Darwinism. It's a dying system. Prey has all but gone. Soon, there'll be nothing left.”
“You are a dinosaur. And I am the meteor.”
“- Creedy: Whatchya gonna do, huh? We've swept this place. You've got nothing. Nothing but your bloody knives and your fancy karate gimmicks. We have guns.
- V: No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.”
“We are close to and offensive network that will shake the planet. And yet we are continually delayed, because you cannot outwit a simpleton with a shield!”
“- Andy: You may be blind, but you still have to pay for what you ate.
- Martin: I ate nothing. My meal never arrived.”
“- Andy: Is she your sweetheart, Martin?
- Martin: Hell no! Sweetheart? Celia has no heart.”
“Is it true when you were born the doctor turned around and slapped your mother?”
“It is to Madame Justice that I dedicate this concerto, in honor of the holiday that she seems to have taken from these parts, and in recognition of the impostor that stands in her stead.”
“Artie got hit in the back. It blew most of his guts and intestines out his front, offal everywhere. Wrecked his uniform entirely. It was lucky he was dead, so he never knew how awful his uniform looked.”
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.”
“- Red Skull: I have harnessed the power of the gods.
- Roeder: Thank you, Schmidt.
- Red Skull: For what?
- Roeder: For making it clear how obviously mad you are.”
“Arrogance may not be a uniquely American trait, but I must say, you do it better than anyone.”
“- Agent Smith: Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. Only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why do you persist?
- Neo: Because I choose to.”
“- Jazz: You wanna a peace of me?
- Megatron: No I want two.”
“- Evey: You just said you killed Lewis Prothero!
- V: I might have killed the fingerman who attacked you, but I heard no objection then.
- Evey: What?
- V: Violence can be used for good.”