“Full Metal Jacket” quotes(1987)
Stanley Kubrick directed this movie in 1987
Title Full Metal Jacket
Director Stanley Kubrick
Genre Drama, War
Director Stanley Kubrick
Genre Drama, War
Plot – At the Parris Island training camp Sergeant Hartman is all the rage: he insults the recruits, he tyrannizes over them and he vexes them in every way. Their only companion must be the shotgun, their only goal is to become killing machines. Joker succeeds, even if he is an independent and nonconformist guy. The soldier Lawrence - nicknamed 'Gomer Pyle' - can’t hold the military life and the violence he’s always victim of and goes crazy: he shoots the sergeant, then kills himself. In the second part of the film Joker, allocated to the propaganda section, finds his old friend “Cowboy” in Vietnam and follows his unit in some war actions. The group moves in an apparently abandoned city, devastated by the bombings up until it is attacked by a sniper who decimates the ranks. Joker and some companions rush to drive the Vietcong out: they find out it's a girl, a little older than a child.
All actors – Matthew Modine, Adam Baldwin, Vincent D'Onofrio, R. Lee Ermey, Dorian Harewood, Kevyn Major Howard, Arliss Howard, Ed O'Ross, John Terry, Kieron Jecchinis, Kirk Taylor, Tim Colceri, Jon Stafford, Bruce Boa, Ian Tyler, Sal Lopez, Gary Landon Mills, Papillon Soo, Peter Edmund, Ngoc Le, Leanne Hong, Tan Hung Francione, Marcus D'Amico, Costas Dino Chimona, Gil Kopel, Keith Hodiak, Peter Merrill, Herbert Norville, Nguyen Hue Phong, Duc Hu Ta, Martin Adams, Kevin Albridge, Del Anderson, Philip Bailey, Louis Barlotti, John Beddows, Patrick Benn, Steve Boucher, Adrian Bush, Tony Carey, Gary Cheeseman, Wayne Clark, Chris Cornibert, Danny Cornibert, John Curtis, John Davis, Harry Davies, Kevin Day, Gordon Duncan, Phil Elmer, Colin Elvis, Hadrian Follett, Sean Frank, David George, Laurie Gomes, Brian Goodwin, Nigel Goulding, Tony Hague, Steve Hands, Chris Harris, Bob Eric Hart, Derek Hart, Barry Hayes, Tony Hayes, Robin Hedgeland, Duncan Henry, Kenneth Head, Liam Hogan, Trevor Hogan, Luke Hogdal, Steve Hudson, Tony Howard, Sean Lamming, Dan Landin, Tony Leete, Nigel Lough, Terry Lowe, Frank McCardle, Gary Meyer, Brett Middleton, David Milner, Sean Minmagh, Tony Minmagh, John Morrison, Russell Mott, John Ness, Robert Nichols, David Perry, Peter Rommely, Pat Sands, Jim Sarup, Chris Maybach, Al Simpson, Russell Slater, Gary Smith, Roger Smith, Tony Smith, Anthony Styliano, Bill Thompson, Mike Turjansky, Dan Weldon, Dennis Wells, Michael Anthony Williams, John Wilson, John Wonderling, Stanley Kubrick, Vivian Kubrick, David Palffy, John Wardshow all
“Full Metal Jacket” Quotes 26 quotes
“- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: Private Pyle, if there is one thing in this world that I hate, it is an unlocked footlocker! You know that don't you?
- Pvt. Leonard 'Gomer Pyle' Lawrence: Sir, yes, sir.
- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: If it wasn't for dickheads like you, there wouldn't be any thievery in this world, would there?”
“A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.”
“I don't like the name Lawrence, only faggots and sailors are called Lawrence. From now on you're Gomer Pyle.”
“- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: Get your fat ass up there! I'll bet if there was some pussy up there you would get up there, wouldn't you?
- Pvt. Leonard 'Gomer Pyle' Lawrence: Sir, yes sir!”
- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?
- Recruits: Sir, yes Sir.
“- Pvt. 'Snowball' Brown: Sir, Private Brown, sir!
- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: Bullshit! From now on you're Private Snowball. Do you like that name?
- Pvt. 'Snowball' Brown: Sir, yes, sir!
- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: Well there's one thing that you won't like, Private Snowball: they don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis in my mess hall.”
“I am so happy that I am alive, in one piece and short. I'm in a world of shit... yes. But I am alive. And I am not afraid.”
“- Pvt. J.T. 'Joker' Davis: How can you shoot women or children?
- Doorgunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?”
“The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.”
“I hate Vietnam. There's not one horse in this whole country. There's not one horse in Vietnam. There's somethin' basically wrong with that.”
“What do I think about the U.S. involvement in the war? I think we should win it.”
“- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: Where the hell are you from anyway, private?
- Pvt. Cowboy: Sir, Texas, sir.
- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy, and you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down.”
“- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: Do any of you people know where these individuals learned how to shoot? Private Joker?
- Pvt. J.T. 'Joker' Davis: Sir, in the Marines, sir!
- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: In the Marines! Outstanding! Those individuals showed what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will all be able to...” (continue)(continue reading)