“- Fly: It's only your first try. But you're treating them like equals. They're sheep, they're inferior.
- Babe: Oh, no, they're not.
- Fly: Of course they are. We are their masters, Babe. Let them doubt it for a second and they'll walk all over you!”
Plot – Babe is a happy piglet who has just arrived on quiet Mr. Hoggett's farm. He still does not know that humans slaughter animals during the festive season. The pig, who wants to be a sheepdog, speaks and sings 'Jingle Bells'. There are also true sheepdogs, geese, sheep, horses and cats on the farm and they all are respectful of their role except for Babe, who discovers the value of resourcefulness when challenging fate.
All actors – Christine Cavanaugh, Miriam Margolyes, Danny Mann, Hugo Weaving, Miriam Flynn, Russi Taylor, Evelyn Krape, Michael Edward-Stevens, Charles Bartlett, Paul Livingston, Roscoe Lee Browne, James Cromwellshow all
“Babe” Quotes 9 quotes
“If I had words to make a day for you, I’d sing you a morning golden and true, I would make this day last for all time, then fill the night deep in moonshine.”
“I suppose the life of an anorexic duck doesn't amount to much in the broad scheme of things.”
“- Duchess the Cat: All right, for your own sake, I'll be blunt. Why do the Bosses keep ducks? To eat them. So why do the Bosses keep a pig? The fact is that animals that don't seem to have a purpose really do have a purpose. The Bosses have to eat. It's probably the most noble purpose of all, when you come to think about it.
- Babe: They... eat...” (continue) (continue reading)
“There was a time not so long ago when pigs were afforded no respect, except by other pigs; they lived their whole lives in a cruel and sunless world. In those days pigs believed that the sooner they grew large and fat, the sooner they'd be taken into Pig Paradise, a place so wonderful that no pig had ever thought to come back.”
- Cow: The only way you'll find happiness is to accept that the way things are is the way things are.
- Ferdinand: “The way things are” stinks! I'm not gonna be a goner, I'm gone! I wish all of you the best of luck.
- Fly: Good heavens! Who are you?
- Babe: I'm a Large White.
- Fly: Yes, that's your breed, dear. What's your name?
- Babe: I don't know.
- Fly: Well, what did your mother call you to tell you apart from your brothers and sisters?
- Babe: Our mom called us all the same.
- Fly: And what was that, dear?
- Babe: She called us all "Babe”.
“Not as stupid as sheep, mind you, But pigs are definitely stupid.”