- Movie quotes
- The King and I
“The King and I” quotes
Title The King and I
Plot – Siam's king knows very well his backlog country needs to open to the Western civilization, so he decides to entrust his children's education to Anna Leonowens, a widow who seeks a new life in the East. Despite their personalities' differences, the King and Anna end up appreciating each other. The woman becomes the king's adviser.
All actors – Miranda Richardson, Christiane Noll, Martin Vidnovic, Ian Richardson, Darrell Hammond, Allen D. Hong, David Burnham, Armi Arabe Abiera, Tracy Venner Warren, Adam Wylie, Sean Smith, James Fujii
“- Prince Chululongkorn: But royal palace is centre of whole universe.
- Anna Leonowens: Well, I suppose we think that of all our homes really, whether you live in a palace or not.”
“- Tuptim: If we stay, death. If we go to Burma, death. We have no country to go to.
- Prince Chululongkorn: We make our own country, in jungle.”
“- Tuptim: For your room, Mrs. Anna.
- Anna Leonowens: Oh, how lovely!
- Anna Leonowens: Oh, you must have something in return.
- Tuptim: Oh no, Mrs. Anna, you will be punished for giving book to servant!
- Anna Leonowens: Oh, nonsense, I'm a teacher.”
“- The King of Siam: Someday, you too will know everything.
- Prince Chululongkorn: When do I know that I know everything?
- The King of Siam: When you are king.”
“Never hide behind woman's skirt, it's not brave. Also, impossible to know when she sit down!”
“Buddha, please help Anna keep awake for scientific preparation of banquet, even though she is a woman and a Christian and therefore unworthy of your interest.”