Knowledge quotes348 knowledge quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge.”
“- Shifu: If you only do what you can do, you'll never be better than what you are.
- Po: But I like who I am!
- Shifu: You don't even know who you are!”
“There are some things I know for certain: always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can.”
“- Oliver: Is there anything you don't know?
- Elio: I know nothing, Oliver.
- Oliver: Well, you seem to know more than anyone else around here.
- Elio: Well, if you only knew how little I really know about the things that matter.”
- Lloyd Dobler: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the "Gas 'n' Sip" on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?
- Joe: By choice, man.
“Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough.”
“The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity with which others are trying to prove him wrong.”
“- Pumbaa: Hey, Timon, ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?
- Timon: Pumbaa, I don't wonder; I know.
- Pumbaa: Oh. What are they?
- Timon: They're fireflies. Fireflies that, uh... got stuck up on that big bluish-black thing.
- Pumbaa: Oh, gee. I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away.
- Timon: Pumbaa,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Simon Wilder: The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves.
- Prof. Pitkannan: Faith in the wisdom of the people is exactly what makes the Constitution incomplete and crude.
- Simon Wilder:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What you know is not always important.”
“- Amy Edgar: As soon as you recognize one thing, you may’t unknow it.
- Stephanie Kim: I wish to know, it doesn't matter what.”
“- Antonius Block: I want knowledge! Not faith, not assumptions, but knowledge. I want God to stretch out His hand, uncover His face and speak to me.
- Death: But He remains silent.
- Antonius Block: I call out to Him in the darkness. But it's as if no one was there.
- Death: Perhaps there isn't anyone.”
“- Dr. Alex Brulov: And how do you know what his real character is?
- Constance Petersen: I know. I know.
- Dr. Alex Brulov: She knows. This is the way science goes backward. Who told you what he is? Freud?, or a crystal ball?”
“- John Ballantyne: That Freud stuff's a bunch of hooey.
- Dr. Alex Brulov: Oh, you are a fine one to talk! You have a guilt complex and amnesia and you don't know if you are coming or going from somewhere, but Freud is hooey! This you know! Hmph! Wiseguy.”
“Knowledge is a fount, but unfortunately ignorance is a sea.”
“All knowledge is for good. Only the use to which you put it can be good or evil.”
“- Henry: I just wanted to ask how you knew.
- William Shakespeare: Knew what?
- Henry: Everything.
- William Shakespeare: My friend, I don't even know how to keep the slugs out of the Hollyhocks.”
“- Oliver Hardy: I knew.
- Stan Laurel: Well, why didn't you tell me you knew?
- Oliver Hardy: I thought you already knew I knew.
- Stan Laurel: How could I know that you knew I knew?
- Oliver Hardy: What would my line be here?
- Stan Laurel: Uhm, now I know you knew, but I thought you knew I knew, but you were pretending not to know I knew.”
“The unknown. That is where my imagination yearns to venture. And so the question plagues me still: How does a man come to know the unknowable?”
“Tear ducts can produce tears for three days without stop.”