Knowledge quotes358 knowledge quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge.”
“- Shifu: If you only do what you can do, you'll never be better than what you are.
- Po: But I like who I am!
- Shifu: You don't even know who you are!”
“There are some things I know for certain: always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can.”
“- Oliver: Is there anything you don't know?
- Elio: I know nothing, Oliver.
- Oliver: Well, you seem to know more than anyone else around here.
- Elio: Well, if you only knew how little I really know about the things that matter.”
- Lloyd Dobler: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the "Gas 'n' Sip" on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?
- Joe: By choice, man.
“To hardly know him is to know him well. And perhaps it offends my vanity to have anyone who is even remotely my wife re-marry so obviously beneath her.”
“Knowing is the easy part; saying it out loud is the hard part.”
“Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough.”
“The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity with which others are trying to prove him wrong.”
“- Pumbaa: Hey, Timon, ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?
- Timon: Pumbaa, I don't wonder; I know.
- Pumbaa: Oh. What are they?
- Timon: They're fireflies. Fireflies that, uh... got stuck up on that big bluish-black thing.
- Pumbaa: Oh, gee. I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away.
- Timon: Pumbaa,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Simon Wilder: The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves.
- Prof. Pitkannan: Faith in the wisdom of the people is exactly what makes the Constitution incomplete and crude.
- Simon Wilder:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Of course I knew. I just had no idea!”
“You can't make someone want education.”
“Old people are so wise. They’re like tall Yodas.”
“Keep thinking you know everything. Some people are so far behind in a race that they actually think they’re leading.”
“Sucks, don't it? The moment you realize you don't know shit.”
“Knowing is better than wondering. Waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying.”
“The way of the sword doesn’t belong to any one nation. Knowledge of the arts belongs to us all.”
“It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale.”
“Advice about keeping secrets: it's a lot easier if you don't know them in the first place.”