Universe quotes74 universe quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Always remember: the universe has a way of leading you to where you're supposed to be, at the moment you're supposed to be there.”
“- Young Ellie: Dad, do you think there's people on other planets?
- Ted Arroway: I don't know, Sparks. But I guess I'd say if it is just us... seems like an awful waste of space.”
“- Peter: You feel so sure of that when you look out on a clear night like tonight and see all those millions of stars, that none of it matters?
- Lloyd: I think its just as beautiful as you do, and vaguely evocative of some deep truth that always just keeps slipping away, but then my professional perspective overcomes me; I just wish for a more...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You think you know how the world works? You think that this material universe is all there is? What is real? What mysteries lie beyond the reach of your senses? At the root of existence, mind and matter meet. Thoughts shape reality. This universe is only one of an infinite number. Worlds without end. Some benevolent and life giving. Others...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Robert Pretty-Would you like to fly, Mr. Brown?
Basil Brown-Oh, but I do. All over the cosmos, every time I look through my telescope.”
“In our galaxy alone, there are billions of stars, each one a sun to its own solar system. And most of those suns have planets, so it stands to reason that of these hundreds of billions of exoplanets that exist in our galaxy, at least one of them has the potential to support life.”
“God can be whatever you want him to be. You're getting tangled in semantics. Try not to get caught up in the God who wants you to be kosher, or the guy that wants you to study the Torah. Start with God as the infinite universe, and imagine that force may be trying desperately to guide you through the most challenging part of your life.”
“Anywhere in the galaxy this is a nightmare.”
“- Jesse Pinkman: I was thinking about that thing you said about the universe. Going where the universe takes you? Right on. It's a cool philosophy.
- Jane Margolis: I was being metaphorical, it's a terrible philosophy. I've gone where the universe takes me my whole life. It's better to make those decisions for yourself.”
“This is the universe. Big, isn't it?”
“- Quentin Beck: There are multiple realities. This is Earth Dimension 616. I'm from Earth 833.
- Peter Parker: I'm sorry, you're saying there's a multiverse? 'Cause I thought that was theoretical. That changes how we understand the initial singularity. We're talking about an eternal inflation system. How does that even work with the quantum...?...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Look how many there are. Millions and millions and millions of stars. Jesus Christ! I wonder how they all stay in place up there. I mean, it's pretty simple for us. To build a house, we use so many bricks, so much lime. But up there, sweet Jesus! Where do you put the foundations? They aren't just confetti, you know.”
“- Reed Richards: Exposure to a high energy cosmic storm could advance our knowledge of planetary life.
- Victor Von Doom: Same old Reed, always stretching, reaching for the stars.”
“- Zordon: These are them? They are so small.
- Alpha 5: Funny, I said the same thing.
- Zordon: You mean to tell me that the fate of the universe, is placed in the hands of these children?
- Zack: The universe? That's a big place.
- Alpha 5: They're teenagers, somewhere between infancy and full maturity. It's hard to explain, really.”
“There are two types of beings in the universe, those who dance, and those who do not.”