Assumptions quotes12 assumptions quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Robert Stack - Unsolved MysteriesHost: Scenario One: He's hanging by his neck in his fucking closet.
- Jenna Reed: You want to know where Coop is? Just look for the most heinous, vile, and horrible exploitation of children on the planet.
- Robert Stack - Unsolved MysteriesHost: Scenario Two: Coop went to Disney World.”
“I don't think. Neither do I speculate, assume or hypothesise.”
“- Mary Morstan: It does seem a little far-fetched, though. Making all these grand assumptions based on such tiny details...
- Sherlock Holmes: Mm, that's not quite right, is it? In fact, the little details are by far the most important.”
- Lauren Slaughter: Am I supposed to say "Your place or mine"?
- Karim Hatami: No. These days, you say "Betamax or VHS?".
“- Cole Sear: What if they don't want help? What if they're just angry and they just want to hurt somebody?
- Malcolm Crowe: I don't think that's the way it works.
- Cole Sear: How do you know for sure?
- Malcolm Crowe: I don't.”
“Do not believe in something simply because you have heard it.”
Restate my assumptions: One, "Mathematics is the language of nature". Two, "Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers". Three, "If you graph these numbers, patterns emerge". Therefore: there are patterns everywhere in nature.
“- Paul Frank: Aren't you rather jumping at conclusions?
- Charlie Chan: No, conclusions jump at me.”
“A generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old mystic fallacy of the acid culture: the desperate assumption that somebody, or at least some force, was tending the light at the end of the tunnel.”
“- Mercenary #1: I assumed he was dead!
- Marcus Penn: Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!”