“James and the Giant Peach” quotes(1996)
Plot – Orphaned at nine, James is entrusted to two unscrupulous aunts that force him to do the heaviest jobs. One day James meets a mysterious man who gives him a bag of green tongues. James spreads the tongues in front of a peach tree and a little later from one of the tree's branches a peach of over six meters in diameter was born. While the aunts think of how to benefit from the event, the boy bites the fruit, enters it and meets with a group of insects that live there.
All actors – Simon Callow, Richard Dreyfuss, Jane Leeves, Joanna Lumley, Miriam Margolyes, Pete Postlethwaite, Susan Sarandon, Paul Terry, David Thewlis, J. Stephen Coyle, Steven Culp, Cirocco Dunlapshow all
“James and the Giant Peach” Quotes 19 quotes
- James: It's like he said: Marvelous things will happen.
- Glowworm: Did he say, "Marvelous pigs in satin"?
- Grasshopper: No, dear lady.
“Why don't skeletons play music in church? Because they got no organs.”
“Centipede I do not know whether to kill you or kiss you.”
“- James: We'll always be together, right?
- Centipede: Kid, you're stuck with us, for life.”
“I did live between two pages of The National Geographic. Very informative magazine, the National Geographic. Lots of nice pictures.”
“You're not even a real rhino! You're just a lot of smoke and noise! I'm not afraid of you!”
“- James: What are they?
- Old Man: Crocodile tongues.
- James: Tongues?
- Old Man: Long, slimy crocodile tongues boiled in the skull of a dead witch for 40 days and 40 nights. And, the gizard of a pig, the fingers of a young monkey, the beak of a parrot and three spoonfuls of sugar, and then, let the moon do the rest.”
“For dinner on my birthday, shall I tell you what I chose?
Hot noodles made from poodles on a slice of garden hose
And a rather smelly jelly made from armadillo's toes
The jelly is delicious, but you have to hold your nose!”
“I can't remember what fun is for.”
“- James: When I had a problem, my mom and dad would tell me to look at it another way.
- Earthworm: How? First, I was bird bait, then I was shark bait.
- James: I suppose, but you could say you gave us wings to fly, and defeated a giant shark single-handedly.
- Earthworm: No-handedly.
- James: You're a hero.
- Earthworm: I am? I'm Wonder Worm!
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I crave the tasty tentacles of octopi for tea
I like hot dogs, but I love hot frogs, and surely you'll agree
A plate of soil with engine oil is a super recipe.
I hardy need to mention that it's practically free!”
“- Grasshopper: No-one is going to squoosh you, old boy. You're six feet long now.
- Earthworm: Bigger targets.”