Despair quotes91 despair quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“What should I tell them? If they don’t want to die remember to knock?”
“- Whispers DiTullio: To tell you the truth, I'm a little concerned.
- Frank Sheeran: [narrating] Whenever anybody says they're a little concerned, they're very concerned.
- Whispers DiTullio: As a matter of fact, I'm really more than a little concerned.
- Frank Sheeran: [narrating] And when they say they're more than a little concerned, they're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future.”
“Life's a mess, Sara. It's... it's chaos personified.”
“There's a kind of freedom in being completely screwed... because you know things can't get any worse.”
“This great evil, where's it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doing this? Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we might've known? Does our ruin benefit the earth, does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too? Have...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sgt. Emil Foley: You can forget it! You're out!
- Zack Mayo: Don't you do it! Don't! You... I got nowhere else to go! I got nowhere else to… I got nothin' else.”
“We try and hold on to some kind of ideals, when everything - ideals, hope, everything is being destroyed.”
“- Cobby: How can things go so wrong? How is it possible? One man killed, two others plugged. I'm out 30 grand. We got a load of rocks we can't even peddle.
- Dix Handley: Quit crying and get me some bourbon.”
“I was so plumb wore out for awhile I didn't seem to believe in nothin' no more. But, now my clothes are startin' to dry and I'm beginnin' to believe again. I guess that's the way the Earth feels when she's wet. But, the Sun will start dryin' her out and she'll start callin' to me again, just the way Nona does sometimes.”
“First love is such sweet despair, Colin.”
“- Sam Brenner: Are you OK?
- Violet Van Patten: I'm sitting in my closet and drinking chardonnay from a sippy cup. Do I look ok?
- Sam Brenner: I'm gonna say no.”
“How many times have you lost everything Jack?”
“- Lavinia Meredith: It makes you sound desperate.
- Anthony Meredith: Well, I am fucking desperate.”
“I've traveled too far and seen too much to ignore the despair in the galaxy. Without the Jedi, there can be no balance in the Force.”
“I feel so tempted. I feel so tempted to despair. I'm afraid.”
“You wanna hit me? I would love it if you hit me! I'm married to a Jew, I've got nothing to lose!”
“In the end we had pieces of the puzzle, but no matter how we put them together, gaps remained. Oddly shaped emptiness mapped by what surrounded them, like countries we couldn't name. What lingered after them was not life, but the most trivial list of mundane facts. A clock ticking on the wall, a room dim at noon, the outrageousness of a human...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Things fall, things on earth. And what falls... is fallen.”
“I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hardy until freedom is opportune!”