Despair quotes93 despair quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“What should I tell them? If they don’t want to die remember to knock?”
“- Whispers DiTullio: To tell you the truth, I'm a little concerned.
- Frank Sheeran: [narrating] Whenever anybody says they're a little concerned, they're very concerned.
- Whispers DiTullio: As a matter of fact, I'm really more than a little concerned.
- Frank Sheeran: [narrating] And when they say they're more than a little concerned, they're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marion Silver: When are you coming home?
- Harry Goldfarb: Soon.
- Marion Silver: When?
- Harry Goldfarb: Soon, you holding out alright?
- Marion Silver: Harry... can you come today?
- Harry Goldfarb: Yeah... I'll come today.”
“- Quinn Harris: How do you want it?
- Robin Monroe: Excuse me?
- Quinn Harris: Do you want it sugar-coated, or right between the eyes?
- Robin Monroe: You Pick.
- Quinn Harris: We got no landing gear, so we can't take off. Lightning fried the radio, so we can't call for help. AirSea with try a rescue mission but without a beacon to hone in on...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future.”
“Life's a mess, Sara. It's... it's chaos personified.”
“There's a kind of freedom in being completely screwed... because you know things can't get any worse.”
“This great evil, where's it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doing this? Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we might've known? Does our ruin benefit the earth, does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too? Have...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sgt. Emil Foley: You can forget it! You're out!
- Zack Mayo: Don't you do it! Don't! You... I got nowhere else to go! I got nowhere else to… I got nothin' else.”
“Dear Bertie, You asked me before where I went. And I want to tell you. I went to a place where nothing's right, where every moment's backwards, every sky's without colour, without hope. I tried to come back, Bertie. But I got lost. And while I was gone, I met you. And I didn't even have the courage to realize I was home. A wise friend of mine...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It is true I chose not to feel anything upon realizing my own life was ending. As Admiral Pike was dying, I joined with his consciousness and experienced what he felt at the moment of his passing. Anger. Confusion. Loneliness. Fear. I had experiences those feelings before, multiplied exponentially on the day my planet was destroyed. Such a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We try and hold on to some kind of ideals, when everything - ideals, hope, everything is being destroyed.”
“- Cobby: How can things go so wrong? How is it possible? One man killed, two others plugged. I'm out 30 grand. We got a load of rocks we can't even peddle.
- Dix Handley: Quit crying and get me some bourbon.”
“I was so plumb wore out for awhile I didn't seem to believe in nothin' no more. But, now my clothes are startin' to dry and I'm beginnin' to believe again. I guess that's the way the Earth feels when she's wet. But, the Sun will start dryin' her out and she'll start callin' to me again, just the way Nona does sometimes.”
“First love is such sweet despair, Colin.”
“- Sam Brenner: Are you OK?
- Violet Van Patten: I'm sitting in my closet and drinking chardonnay from a sippy cup. Do I look ok?
- Sam Brenner: I'm gonna say no.”
“How many times have you lost everything Jack?”