Growth quotes212 growth quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“For 18 years your mother is the most important person to you in your entire life. And then... and then... One day poof! You're gone. And then what are you supposed to do. Like, just adjust? Just like that?”
“One day, Carl, an influx of hormones that we can't control will overpower our better judgment and drive us to pursue the female species against our will.”
“- Harrison: You have a long way to go yet, lad.
- Spur: He's not a lad, brother, he's man.”
“I can not for the life of me understand why small children take so long to grow up. I think they do it deliberately, just to annoy me.”
“- Matilda: I thought grown-ups weren't afraid of anything.
- Miss Honey: Quite the contrary. All grown-ups get scared, just like children.”
“Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.”
“I don't think anybody can grow unless he really is accepted exactly as he is.”
“Boys have the darnedest way of growing up, Ballin. Almost when you're not looking.”
“- Balloon Lady: Of course, the grown-ups will all forget by tomorrow.
- Mary Poppins: They always do.”
“- Ossie: I don't want to grow up.
- Tito: Why?
- Ossie: I don't want to get old like O'Sheen.
- Tito: What?
- Ossie: I don't want to turn into dust.”
“One day, when you're all grown up, and you have a real relationship, you'll realize your feelings for Nick were just a thing. Just a crush. In fact, I bet by the time school starts, you'll have completely forgotten all about him.”
“- Mike Teavee: Die! Die! Die!
- Mr. Teavee: Doesn't seem like they stay kids very long.”
“- Mother: Sybylla, I want to have a talk with you.
- Sybylla Melvyn: Talk away.
- Mother: You're a young woman now and - I have been thinking about this a great deal - we can't afford to keep you any longer.”
“The spirit of adventure opens one's eyes.”
“- Brown Cesario: What happened to the kid who just loved music?
- Shane Gray: He grew up!
- Brown Cesario: Big whoop! Stop acting like it's all about you.”
“- Gabe: Change equals death!
- Judy: What kind of bullshit? That's just a bullshit line! Maybe you fool your twenty-year-old students into thinking that's some kind of an insight or something, but it means nothing! Change is what life is made of! Change - if you don't change, you don't grow, you just shrivel up!”
“You ought not killed my little brother, he should've had a chance to grow up. He would had fun some time.”