Growth quotes216 growth quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Sometimes you can’t see what you’re learning until you come out the other side.”
“For 18 years your mother is the most important person to you in your entire life. And then... and then... One day poof! You're gone. And then what are you supposed to do. Like, just adjust? Just like that?”
“I wanna be thirty and flirty and thriving.”
“One day, Carl, an influx of hormones that we can't control will overpower our better judgment and drive us to pursue the female species against our will.”
“- Harrison: You have a long way to go yet, lad.
- Spur: He's not a lad, brother, he's man.”
“I can not for the life of me understand why small children take so long to grow up. I think they do it deliberately, just to annoy me.”
“- Matilda: I thought grown-ups weren't afraid of anything.
- Miss Honey: Quite the contrary. All grown-ups get scared, just like children.”
“Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.”
“It’s just, eventually we’re all gonna move on. It’s called growing up.”
“You're so cute. You're, like, at that age before guys become dicks.”
“I don't think anybody can grow unless he really is accepted exactly as he is.”
“Boys have the darnedest way of growing up, Ballin. Almost when you're not looking.”
“- Balloon Lady: Of course, the grown-ups will all forget by tomorrow.
- Mary Poppins: They always do.”
“- Ossie: I don't want to grow up.
- Tito: Why?
- Ossie: I don't want to get old like O'Sheen.
- Tito: What?
- Ossie: I don't want to turn into dust.”
“One day, when you're all grown up, and you have a real relationship, you'll realize your feelings for Nick were just a thing. Just a crush. In fact, I bet by the time school starts, you'll have completely forgotten all about him.”
“- Mike Teavee: Die! Die! Die!
- Mr. Teavee: Doesn't seem like they stay kids very long.”
“- Mother: Sybylla, I want to have a talk with you.
- Sybylla Melvyn: Talk away.
- Mother: You're a young woman now and - I have been thinking about this a great deal - we can't afford to keep you any longer.”