Scientists quotes58 scientists quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Marty McFly: I'm sorry, Doc. It's all my fault you're stuck back there. I never should have let Biff get to me!
- Dr. Emmett Brown: Well, there are plenty worse places to be than the Old West. I could've ended up in the Dark Ages. They probably would have burned me at the stake as a heretic or something.”
“- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: It was an immenseproject. I was to extract 1 decagram of myelin from 4 tons of earth worms.
- Dr. Sullivan: Really!
- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: Yes. I was on the project for 5 years. I was the only one who believed in it. Everyone else said it couldn't be done.
- Dr. Kaufman: It can't.
- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: I know that now. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I make something impossible. They rip it away from me, so I do it again and they do it again. And again and again. This isn't like everything else. This IS everything else. Our future isn't going to be paved with bricks but with copper. Automation, transportation, communication. And the man that controls that current, controls that future.”
“We are scientists. We solve the problem.”
“I’m a religious woman, there’s no question, but I have also been to medical school. And, well, you can say that I hold science in one hand and God in the other, and that is not always an easy balance.”
“Over the last 60 years, Monarch has prepared bunkers around the world to save and restart civilization. I suggest you find them.”
“There is no Satan. No God. Only Humanity. Only me!”
“- Shorty: If we know anything, we know that time travel's not possible. Einstein proved that. Right?
- Jennings: Time travel, yes. But Einstein was very clear that he believed time viewing, theoretically, could be accomplished.”
“We are about to unfold the story of Frankenstein, a man of science who sought to create a man after his own image without reckoning upon God.”
“To be a scientist, you must have a respectful awe for the laws of nature.”
“When I was a boy, I used to, I used to read all about Edison, and the Wright brothers, Mr. Ford, they were, they were my heroes.”
“- Igor: It's alive.
- Victor Von Frankenstein: Isn't that rather obvious?”
“- Dr. Alex Durant: You will be remembered as one of the greatest space scientists of all time.
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: I've never doubted that.”
“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”
“- Rosalie Octavius: You need to sleep soundly tonight.
- Dr. Otto Octavius: Did Edison sleep before he turned on the light bulb? Did Marconi sleep before he turned on the radio? Did Beethoven sleep before he wrote the fifth?
- Peter Parker: Did Bernoulli sleep before he found the curves of quickest descent?”
“- Harry: I'm no biologist, but how many cells do single-celled organisms have?
- Ira: Harry, if we're going to be big important scientists you have to start to act the part.”
“Scientists have always been pawns of the military.”