Books quotes215 books quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Matilda: I have the adoption papers.
- Mrs. Wormwood: What? Where did you get those?
- Matilda: From a book in the library. I've had them since I was big enough to xerox.”
“I still collect comics. I still have a great love and respect for the genre.”
“Sometimes we don't pick the books we read, they pick us.”
“- Fantasy: What is this?
- Richard Tyler: It's a library card.
- Fantasy: I'm a book, honey, I can read.”
“- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: You have something against books?
- Hannah Stubbs: I have nothing about books! I am curious about the books in your trunk.
- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: You see, I was thinking of writing my story, so I bought this one on how to do it.
- Hannah Stubbs: Why do you need 25 copies of it?
- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's nothing you can get from a book that you can't get from a television faster.”
“The Bible is a book. It's a good book, but it is not the only book.”
“In my world, the books would be nothing but pictures.”
“When I get home I shall write a book about this place... If I ever do get home.”
“- Phillip: Rupert only publishes books he likes... usually philosophy.
- Janet: Oh. Small print, big words, no sales.
- Brandon: Rupert's extremely radical. Do you know that he selects his books on the assumption that people not only can read but actually can think?”
“- Sherlock Holmes: When a man collects books on a subject, they're usually grouped together, but notice, your King James Bible, your Book of Mormon, and Koran are separate, across the room in fact, from your Hebrew Bible and Talmud, which sit on your desk. Now these books have a special importance for you not connected with a general study of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The public library is the last bastion of democracy that we have in this country!”
“I'm one of those freaky people that actually reads books.”
“- Customs Officer: How long do you plan to be here?
- Ray Cutler: Three days.
- Customs Officer: Honeymooners?
- Polly Cutler: That's right.
- Customs Officer: That isn't liquor you have in that case under your coat, is it?
- Ray Cutler: Uh, books. I'm going to catch up on my reading.
- Customs Officer: Reading!”
“- Lucien Cordier: I can't read the aviator's book. It's too well-written.
- Anne: You like sounding illiterate? You're not. So why?
- Lucien Cordier: Habit. Grammar gets rusty like everything else if you don't use it. And in Africa the same goes for good and evil. What's good? What's evil? - Nobody knows. It's not much use here. So it gets rusty...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You do know they're all bullshit, right? Maybe a quarter of it happened, and not like this. In the real world, people die, and no self-promoting asshole in a fucking leotard can stop this.”
“In life you don't get the girl. Lying is easier than the truth. That's why I write!”
“It's not the Bible, you're not gonna go to Hell for this.”