Books quotes224 books quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Matilda: I have the adoption papers.
- Mrs. Wormwood: What? Where did you get those?
- Matilda: From a book in the library. I've had them since I was big enough to xerox.”
“- Mike Erganian: What is the subject of your book? Non fiction?
- Miles: Uh, no. It's... it's a novel. Fiction. Yes. Although there is quite a bit from my own life... so I suppose that, technically some of it is nonfiction.
- Mike Erganian: Good I like non fiction. There is so much to know about this world. I think you read something somebody...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I still collect comics. I still have a great love and respect for the genre.”
“- Carl Conrad Coreander: Your books are safe. While you're reading them, you get to become Tarzan or Robinson Crusoe.
- Bastian: But that's what I like about 'em.
- Carl Conrad Coreander: Ahh, but afterwards you get to be a little boy again.
- Bastian: Wh-what do you mean?
- Carl Conrad Coreander: Listen. Have you ever been Captain Nemo, trapped...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sometimes we don't pick the books we read, they pick us.”
“- Fantasy: What is this?
- Richard Tyler: It's a library card.
- Fantasy: I'm a book, honey, I can read.”
“- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: You have something against books?
- Hannah Stubbs: I have nothing about books! I am curious about the books in your trunk.
- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: You see, I was thinking of writing my story, so I bought this one on how to do it.
- Hannah Stubbs: Why do you need 25 copies of it?
- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's nothing you can get from a book that you can't get from a television faster.”
“Sleep is good and Books are better.”
“When I first read Aristotle, I thought it was pronounced like Chipotle. Wait a minute, is it Chip-o-tottle?”
“Intuition can’t be found in books.
“People like me don’t write books, they’re written about.”
“The Bible is a book. It's a good book, but it is not the only book.”
“In my world, the books would be nothing but pictures.”
“When I get home I shall write a book about this place... If I ever do get home.”
“- Phillip: Rupert only publishes books he likes... usually philosophy.
- Janet: Oh. Small print, big words, no sales.
- Brandon: Rupert's extremely radical. Do you know that he selects his books on the assumption that people not only can read but actually can think?”