Books quotes237 books quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Matilda: I have the adoption papers.
- Mrs. Wormwood: What? Where did you get those?
- Matilda: From a book in the library. I've had them since I was big enough to xerox.”
“- Mike Erganian: What is the subject of your book? Non fiction?
- Miles: Uh, no. It's... it's a novel. Fiction. Yes. Although there is quite a bit from my own life... so I suppose that, technically some of it is nonfiction.
- Mike Erganian: Good I like non fiction. There is so much to know about this world. I think you read something somebody...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I live in two worlds. One is a world of books.”
“All I know is, life is not a Nicholas Sparks novel.”
What do ya got here, anyways? "Rainbow Alligator Saves the Wetlands?". Uh, no. "The Organic Squirrel Gets a Bike Helmet?". I'm not reading these Communist books to you guys! Don't you got any real stories?
“I still collect comics. I still have a great love and respect for the genre.”
“- Carl Conrad Coreander: Your books are safe. While you're reading them, you get to become Tarzan or Robinson Crusoe.
- Bastian: But that's what I like about 'em.
- Carl Conrad Coreander: Ahh, but afterwards you get to be a little boy again.
- Bastian: Wh-what do you mean?
- Carl Conrad Coreander: Listen. Have you ever been Captain Nemo, trapped...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Why read words when you can just kill the stuff the words tell you stuff about?”
“Sometimes we don't pick the books we read, they pick us.”
“- Fantasy: What is this?
- Richard Tyler: It's a library card.
- Fantasy: I'm a book, honey, I can read.”
“- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: You have something against books?
- Hannah Stubbs: I have nothing about books! I am curious about the books in your trunk.
- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: You see, I was thinking of writing my story, so I bought this one on how to do it.
- Hannah Stubbs: Why do you need 25 copies of it?
- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's nothing you can get from a book that you can't get from a television faster.”
“Books feed me.”
“Sam-Wait, these are all library books. In my school, you're only allowed to check out one at a time. Some of these are going to be overdue. Do you steal? Why? You're not poor.
Suzy-I might turn some of them back in one day. I haven't decided yet. I know it's bad. I think I just took them to have a secret to keep.”
“When we read a story, we inhabit it; the covers of the books are like a roof and four walls: a house.”
“A good book is the precious distillation of a master's spirit, embalmed and preserved for the purpose of achieving a life beyond life.”
“No one ever feels alone in a bookshop.”
“In the case of biographies, it's better, I find, if they're about good people, whereas novels are much more interesting if they are about nasty people.”
“I want to live my life so I can read an in-depth biography about myself in later years.”
“Oh, do you see the books? Feel it. Feels good, right? Now smell it. Nothing, nothing smells like that.”