Miranda Richardson quotes
“You can't please all the people all the time.”
“London keeps me grounded.”
“You can have a laugh in Los Angeles, or you can weep in Los Angeles, depending on your attitude towards it.”
“- Jude: What do you think of the hair?
- Fergus: It suits you.
- Jude: Aye. I was sick of being a blonde. I needed a tougher look, and you know what I mean.”
“- Caroline Dester: I want to just sit and not talk and not have to be the centre of attention all the time. You know what that's like don't you?
- Rose Arbuthnot: No.”
“Being royal requires you to sacrifice who you are for who you must be.”
“- Anthony Findlater: She eats like a bird...
- Ruth Ellis: Really? My son tells me birds eat twice their own weight every day.”
- Anna Von Hagen: It was a real problem for me, making a career in Hollywood.
- Charlie Maguire: Why?
- Anna Von Hagen: Jews. They controlled all the studios, you know - they even tried to keep me out of Broadway. The public wanted me, you see... and then "they" started the war.
“- Virginia Woolf: Leonard thinks it's the end of civilization: People who are invited at 4 and arrive at 2:30.
- Vanessa Bell: Oh God.
- Virginia Woolf: Barbarians.”
“Why do you care all of a sudden? Because he's dead? Where were you when he was alive?”
- Mrs. Tweedy: Imagine. In less than a fortnight, every grocers' in the county will be stocked with box upon box of Mrs. Tweedy's Homemade Chicken Pies.
- Mr. Tweedy: Just "Mrs."?
- Mrs. Tweedy: Woman's touch. Makes the public feel more comfortable.
“- Blondie O'Hara: Those aren't customers, those are voters. They ship 'em from all over the state. Each of 'em vote ten, twelve times. Used to get their names outta the cemetary, but I don't even think they bother anymore.
- Johnny Flynn: [to crowd of men] You'll be exercising your God-given right to vote. However, you'll be voting the way I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charlie Maguire: They killed all the Jews.
- Xavier March: No, we didn't. We resettled them. We gave them their own piece of land.”
“- Dil: A girl has to have a bit of glamour.
- Jude: Oh, absolutely. As long as she can keep it.”
“- David Blakeley: I want you to marry me.
- Ruth Ellis: Why? Are you pregnant?”