Space quotes94 space quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Space, the final frontier, these are the voyages of Babylon 5.”
“- Lev Andropov: I'm stepping outside.
- A.J. Frost: You're-you're going outside?
- Lev Andropov: I am the only certified astronaut. And I'm saving your American ass!”
“I think I'm going to leave, ‘cause you probably want to sit there by yourself, alone, and think about who you pissed off. So, I'll let you have your space.”
Our mission was called "a successful failure", in that we returned safely but never made it to the moon. In the following months, it was determined that a damaged coil built inside the oxygen tank sparked during our cryo stir and caused the explosion that crippled the Odyssey. It was a minor defect that occured two years before I was even named... (continue)(continue reading)
“Well, good morning, everybody, and welcome to day 255,642 aboard the Axiom. As always, the weather is a balmy 72 degrees and sunny, and, uh... oh, I see the ship's log is showing that today is the 700th anniversary of our five year cruise. Well, I'm sure our forefathers would be proud to know that 700 years later we'd be... doing the exact same...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We send those men up into space to unlock the doors of the universe, and we don't even know what's behind them.”
“I used to want to be an astronaut. But astronauts don’t even go to the moon anymore.”
“I'm afraid we didn't do a very good job of looking after the place while you were away.”
“Space excites me. My dream is to go to space.”
“- Deke Slayton: Why do you think space flight is important?
- Neil Armstrong: I had a few opportunities in the X-15 to observe the atmosphere. It was so thin, such a small part of the Earth that you could barely see it at all. And when you're down here in the crowd and you look up, it looks pretty big and you don't think about it too much. But...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Dr. Goodhead, your desire to become America's first woman in space will shortly be fulfilled.”
“I've traveled too far and seen too much to ignore the despair in the galaxy. Without the Jedi, there can be no balance in the Force.”
“- Jack: Are we in another planet?
- Ma: Same one. Just a different spot.”
“Whoever controls the high ground of space controls the world. The Roman Empire controlled the world because it could build roads. Later, the British Empire was dominant because they had ships. In the Air Stage, we were powerful because we had the airplane. And now the Communists have established a foothold in outer space. Pretty soon they'll...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kate: I just don't think it's natural. You're not supposed to go up there. To tell you the truth, I don't know how men do it either.
- Deuce Bigalow: You're not curious, just to try something new?
- Kate: I'm just not into it.
- Deuce Bigalow: So space exploration is definitely out for you?
- Kate: Definitely. I mean, more power to any woman...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Harry: Cookie, do you know what a black hole is?
- Cookie: Sure, that's how I make my livin'!”
“- Jim Preston: How do I send a message to Earth?
- InfoMat: Interstellar messages are sent by laser array. This is an expensive service.
- Jim Preston: Bite me!
- InfoMat: Happy to help.”
“- Andie: So what brings you to space camp?
- Tish: Well I did this audit at GPL on Radio Astronomy; it was unbelieveable! I mean can you imagine an extra terrestrial disc jockey? I mean like listening to radio waves from space? I mean like waiting for signs of intelligence?
- Andie: Like I know the feeling.”
“- Matt Kowalski: So, what do you like about being up here?
- Ryan Stone: The silence.”