“A Matter of Life and Death” quotes(1946)
Plot – A pilot airman is flying over the English Channel, but suddenly realizes his plane has caught fire. His parachute is faulty but he manages to save himself, reaching the nearest radio station. There he meets an American telephone operator, but the pilot mental state is compromised, because he dreams about a strange character who claims to go with him to a strange paradise. Thanks to an operation, finally the pilot can stay with the beautiful telephone operator.
All actors – David Niven, Kim Hunter, Robert Coote, Kathleen Byron, Richard Attenborough, Bonar Colleano, Joan Maude, Marius Goring, Roger Livesey, Robert Atkins, Bob Roberts, Edwin Max, Betty Potter, Abraham Sofaer, Raymond Massey, , Robert Arden, Robert Beatty, Tommy Duggan, Erik, John Huntley, John Longden, Howard Marshall, Lois Maxwell, Richard Neilson, Wally Patch, Laurence Payne, Robert Rietty, Roger Snowdon, Spangle, Wendy Thompson, Frederick Valk, Geoff van Rijssel, Joan Verneyshow all
“A Matter of Life and Death” Quotes 11 quotes
“The rights of the uncommon man must always be respected.”
“Ah, these English! What is the good of kissing a girl if she does not feel it?”
“An American baby sucks in freedom with the milk of the breast on which he hangs.”
“After all, what is time? A mere tyranny.”
“- Abraham Farlan: You claim you love her.
- Peter: I do love her!
- Abraham Farlan: Can you prove it?
- Peter: Well give me time, sir. Fifty years will do.
- Abraham Farlan: But can you prove it?
- Peter: Well, can a starving man prove he's hungry except by eating?
- Abraham Farlan: Would you die for her?
- Peter: I would, but, er, I'd rather live.” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Doctor Frank Reeves: Sir, may I bring you up to date? We are living in the 20th century, not in the 18th.
- Abraham Farlan: May I bring you up to date, sir? We are not alive at all.”
“A weak mind isn't strong enough to hurt itself. Stupidity has saved many a man from going mad.”
“This is the universe. Big, isn't it?”
“- June: There's no sense in love.
- Abraham Farlan: Wisdom still flowers in Boston.”