Law quotes264 law quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Mildred Hayes: You could pull blood from every man and boy in this town over the age of 8.
- Willoughby: There's civil rights laws prevents that, Mrs. Hayes, and what if he was just passing through town?
- Mildred Hayes: Pull blood from every man in the country.
- Willoughby: And what if he was just passing through the country?
- Mildred Hayes...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If your laws don't include me, well, then they don't apply to me either.”
“Aside from the fact that this is a free country, and you can be a communist if you want to be a communist, leaving that aside, if you're accused falsely you have a duty as well as a right to stand up and suggest they drop dead.”
“It is not living that is important, but living properly. Socrates chose to die an unjust death, a death he freely accepted, rather than break the laws of Athens to which he pledged his loyalty.”
“It is only very very stupid people who think the law is stupid. And avoid like the plague, loud attention seeking wannabe gangsters who are in it for the glory, to be a face, to be a name. They don't mean to fuck up. They just do.”
“If you know what's good for you, take those weapons home and burn them! And then think... think of this country and of the law that makes it what it is. Think of a world crying for this very law! And maybe you'll understand why you ought to guard it.”
“- Simon Wilder: The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves.
- Prof. Pitkannan: Faith in the wisdom of the people is exactly what makes the Constitution incomplete and crude.
- Simon Wilder:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Those who will not live by the law shall die by the law!”
“There are laws that enslave men, and laws that set them free.”
“The law must be engraved in our hearts and practiced every minute to the letter and spirit.”
“The laws for the rich are different.”
“Laws aren’t perfect, because humans who created laws aren’t perfect. It’s impossible to be perfect. However, the laws are evidence of the human’s struggle to be righteous.”
“The law has little to say on things left undone.”
“Who is the boss? The cop or the law?”
“- Commander Shears: You mean, you intend to uphold the letter of the law, no matter what it costs?
- Colonel Nicholson: Without law, Commander, there is no civilization.
- Commander Shears: That's just my point; here, there is no civilization.
- Colonel Nicholson: Then we have the opportunity to introduce it.”