Law quotes274 law quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
“- Mildred Hayes: You could pull blood from every man and boy in this town over the age of 8.
- Willoughby: There's civil rights laws prevents that, Mrs. Hayes, and what if he was just passing through town?
- Mildred Hayes: Pull blood from every man in the country.
- Willoughby: And what if he was just passing through the country?
- Mildred...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Ant-Man
“The laws of nature transcend the laws of man. And I've transcended the laws of nature.”
- From the movie: Other People's Money
- From the movie: Bad Girls
“If your laws don't include me, well, then they don't apply to me either.”
- From the movie: The Majestic
“Aside from the fact that this is a free country, and you can be a communist if you want to be a communist, leaving that aside, if you're accused falsely you have a duty as well as a right to stand up and suggest they drop dead.”
- From the movie: The Emperor's Club
“It is not living that is important, but living properly. Socrates chose to die an unjust death, a death he freely accepted, rather than break the laws of Athens to which he pledged his loyalty.”
- From the movie: Layer Cake
“It is only very very stupid people who think the law is stupid. And avoid like the plague, loud attention seeking wannabe gangsters who are in it for the glory, to be a face, to be a name. They don't mean to fuck up. They just do.”
“If you know what's good for you, take those weapons home and burn them! And then think... think of this country and of the law that makes it what it is. Think of a world crying for this very law! And maybe you'll understand why you ought to guard it.”
- From the movie: Firestarter
- From the movie: The Punisher
“In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice.”
- From the movie: With Honors
“- Simon Wilder: The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves.
- Prof. Pitkannan: Faith in the wisdom of the people is exactly what makes the Constitution incomplete and crude.
- Simon Wilder:...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Ten Commandments
“Those who will not live by the law shall die by the law!”
- From the movie: Suffragette
- From the movie: First Knight
“There are laws that enslave men, and laws that set them free.”
“The law must be engraved in our hearts and practiced every minute to the letter and spirit.”
- From the TV Series: Gravity Falls
- From the TV Series: My Hero Academia
- From the TV Series: Homeland
“Carrie Mathison-Guy hasn't broken the speed limit once.
Danny Galvez-Does that make him more, or less suspicious?
Carrie Mathison-It makes him boring as shit.”
- From the TV Series: How to Get Away with Murder
“A good lawyer never reveals their deep throat.”
- From the TV Series: That '70s Show
“It's amazing what one act of civil disobedience can do for a person.”
- From the TV Series: That '70s Show
“Without rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.”
- From the TV Series: She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
“I am a lawyer. We do things by the book.”
- From the TV Series: Law & Order
“In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate crime; and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders.”
- From the movie: The Hand of God