Law quotes256 law quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It is not living that is important, but living properly. Socrates chose to die an unjust death, a death he freely accepted, rather than break the laws of Athens to which he pledged his loyalty.”
“- Simon Wilder: The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves.
- Prof. Pitkannan: Faith in the wisdom of the people is exactly what makes the Constitution incomplete and crude.
- Simon Wilder:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Those who will not live by the law shall die by the law!”
“There are laws that enslave men, and laws that set them free.”
“The law must be engraved in our hearts and practiced every minute to the letter and spirit.”
“- Commander Shears: You mean, you intend to uphold the letter of the law, no matter what it costs?
- Colonel Nicholson: Without law, Commander, there is no civilization.
- Commander Shears: That's just my point; here, there is no civilization.
- Colonel Nicholson: Then we have the opportunity to introduce it.”
“People gotta talk themselves into law and order before they do anything about it. Maybe because down deep they don't care. They just don't care.”
“- Mildred Hayes: You could pull blood from every man and boy in this town over the age of 8.
- Willoughby: There's civil rights laws prevents that, Mrs. Hayes, and what if he was just passing through town?
- Mildred Hayes: Pull blood from every man in the country.
- Willoughby: And what if he was just passing through the country?
- Mildred Hayes...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: There are laws that say women can’t work overtime. And that a woman’s social security benefits, unlike her husband’s, don’t provide for her family after death.
- Student Protestor #1: What?
- Student Protestor #2: Excuse me?
- Student Protestor #1: That’s bullshit!
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Ten years ago, Dorothy Kenyon...” (continue)(continue reading)
“These are laws written by men who think we are privileged to be excused from men’s obligations. But it is not a privilege, it is a cage, and these laws are the bars!”
“It is my job to uphold the law and to protect democracy in this city.”
“- Sheriff Burnett: Set a wagon outside of town and put as much food on it as you can spare. If they eat, they'll behave. And you women, all of you, stay inside. Understand? Now let's get moving. C'mon.
- Henry Pollicut: Fill a wagon. So now, these bandits gotta be fought with bread and butter. When are we gonna see some law and common sense in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Journalist: The law's often inconvenient, Colonel.
- Col. Mathieu: And those who explode bombs in public places, do they respect the law perhaps? When you put that question to Ben M'Hidi, remember what he said?”
“- Shere Khan: The man-cub is mine! I have already tasted its mother's blood! It is my right.
- Nisha: Your right according to whose law?”
“Ignorance, in the sight of the law, is no excuse.”
“- Dr. Eve Saks: None of those drugs have been approved by the FDA.
- Ron Woodroof: Screw the FDA. I'm gonna be DOA.”