Law quotes258 law quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“If your laws don't include me, well, then they don't apply to me either.”
“Aside from the fact that this is a free country, and you can be a communist if you want to be a communist, leaving that aside, if you're accused falsely you have a duty as well as a right to stand up and suggest they drop dead.”
“It is not living that is important, but living properly. Socrates chose to die an unjust death, a death he freely accepted, rather than break the laws of Athens to which he pledged his loyalty.”
“It is only very very stupid people who think the law is stupid. And avoid like the plague, loud attention seeking wannabe gangsters who are in it for the glory, to be a face, to be a name. They don't mean to fuck up. They just do.”
“If you know what's good for you, take those weapons home and burn them! And then think... think of this country and of the law that makes it what it is. Think of a world crying for this very law! And maybe you'll understand why you ought to guard it.”
“- Simon Wilder: The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves.
- Prof. Pitkannan: Faith in the wisdom of the people is exactly what makes the Constitution incomplete and crude.
- Simon Wilder:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Those who will not live by the law shall die by the law!”
“There are laws that enslave men, and laws that set them free.”
“The law must be engraved in our hearts and practiced every minute to the letter and spirit.”
“The law has little to say on things left undone.”
“Who is the boss? The cop or the law?”
“- Commander Shears: You mean, you intend to uphold the letter of the law, no matter what it costs?
- Colonel Nicholson: Without law, Commander, there is no civilization.
- Commander Shears: That's just my point; here, there is no civilization.
- Colonel Nicholson: Then we have the opportunity to introduce it.”
“People gotta talk themselves into law and order before they do anything about it. Maybe because down deep they don't care. They just don't care.”
“- Mildred Hayes: You could pull blood from every man and boy in this town over the age of 8.
- Willoughby: There's civil rights laws prevents that, Mrs. Hayes, and what if he was just passing through town?
- Mildred Hayes: Pull blood from every man in the country.
- Willoughby: And what if he was just passing through the country?
- Mildred Hayes...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: There are laws that say women can’t work overtime. And that a woman’s social security benefits, unlike her husband’s, don’t provide for her family after death.
- Student Protestor #1: What?
- Student Protestor #2: Excuse me?
- Student Protestor #1: That’s bullshit!
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Ten years ago, Dorothy Kenyon...” (continue)(continue reading)
“These are laws written by men who think we are privileged to be excused from men’s obligations. But it is not a privilege, it is a cage, and these laws are the bars!”
“It is my job to uphold the law and to protect democracy in this city.”