Human rights quotes49 human rights quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be given the rights of a human being, to be respected as a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence.”
“That's the story of a whole people's struggle for freedom, from the very beginning until now, for we're still struggling. It's quite a story York, how they all got together and set up a government, whereby all men were pledged to defend the rights of each man, and each man to defend the the rights of all men. We call that a government of the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You talk about rights. You think you've got the right to say that nobody else has got any. Well, that ain't the way the government looks at it.”
“- Lando Calrissian: Do you want anything?
- L3-37: Equal rights?”
“The rights of the uncommon man must always be respected.”
- Interrogator: Are there more bombs?
- Katherine Russell: I want a lawyer.
- Interrogator: No.
- Katherine Russell: No? "No" what?
- Interrogator: No.
- Katherine Russell: I have rights.
- Interrogator: You ain't got shit, sweetheart.
“Civil rights ain't always civil.”
“We are not things. We are not things!”
“We are not animals, we are men. That is the foundation of law - you cannot win. Where are your courts? Your judges? And your juries? Until you bring them forward, I must forbid you my house.”
“On the evening of October 7, 1989 several hundred people got together for some evening exercise and marched for the right to go for walks without the Berlin Wall getting in their way.”
“- Joey Naylor: Do I have flexible morals?
- Nick Naylor: Let's say you became a lawyer and you were asked to defend a murderer worse than that, a child murderer now, the law states that every person deserves a fair trial, would you defend him?
- Joey Naylor: I don't know, I guess every person deserves a fair defense.
- Nick Naylor: So do...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Miss Giddy: You cannot own a human being! Sooner or later, someone pushes back!
- Immortan Joe: [shouting] Where is she taking them?
- Miss Giddy: She didn't take them, they begged her to go!”
“We've stepped out upon the world stage now. Now! With the fate of human dignity in our hands. Blood's been spilled to afford us this moment now!”
“- Kathleen Smith: Bernie, it's inhuman to do that to a baby kangaroo! It's inhuman!
- Bernie Bonnelli: Has anyone ever told you that you're always repeating yourself? This is no ordinary kangaroo... Junior's different.”
“- Tami-Lynn: Oh my god, Teddy, look at this. It says if we want to have a baby, you're gonna have to prove you're a person in a court of law.
- Ted: This is a nightmare.”
“- Peter Gaulke: I should've never hired you!
- Cooker: That's the most un-American thing I've ever heard in my life!”
“This appears - mind you, I say appears - to be properly drawn. But you shan't have this man. A man isn't a piece of property. Mr. Stone is an American citizen... and an American citizen cannot be forced into the service of a foreign prince.”
“There are certain things I'm not permitted to do because they're considered human rights violations. Fortunately, you're not human.”