Answers quotes159 answers quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“When somebody asks me a question, I tell them the answer.”
“- Major General Thomas F. Waverly: I got along very well in the Army without you.
- Emma Allen: It took 15,000 men to take my place.”
“- Grandma Ivy Chandler: Well, sometimes the tree grows too fast and the roots don't develop. And sometimes you have to chop off the top of that tree to let the roots catch up.
- Earl Blackstock: But do you know where he's at?
- Grandma Ivy Chandler: No, but I expect if you follow the roots, you'll find him.
- Earl Blackstock: Grandma Ivy, in all...” (continue)(continue reading)
I can't say "yes" truly, so I'm not going to say it at all.
“- Sir Lionel Frost: Do you always answer with a question?
- The Elder: I don't know... do I?”
“Ask the right questions if you're to find the right answers.”
“The basis of our job is intelligence. The method interrogation. Conducted in such a way as to ensure we always get an answer. In our situation, humane consideration can only lead to despair and confusion. I'm sure all units will understand and act accordingly. Unfortunately, success doesn't depend only on us.”
- Jake Pentecost: Gottlieb, what does that mean? "In theory"?
- Hermann Gottlieb: Today... it means, "Yes!".
“Don't you ever say never to me!”
“- Deacon: What's going on?
- Tulley: I never know what's going on!”
“If you go looking for answers, you just might find them.”
“If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.”
“- Victor Van Dort: I want some questions! Now!
- General Bonesapart: Answers... I think you mean answers.
- Victor Van Dort: Thank you, yes, answers. I need answers.”
“You can't find the right answer if you ask the wrong questions.”
“There's so many things I don't understand, like why do the fish stop swimming and lie on top of the tide pools after a heavy rain? Why do you hear the waves inside the big shells? Why are all these funny hairs growing on me? I wish a big book with all the answers to every question in the world would drop out of the sky and land in my hands right...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Angel: Fear not, for you have been favored by God to conceive and bear a son.
- Mary: A... a son? But how?
- Angel: The Holy Spirit will overshadow you, and the child will be called the Son of God, for nothing is impossible with God.
- Mary: Thank you. Do I say thank you? I mean, yes. Let it be done just as you say.”
“I'm gonna ask you some simple questions. You're gonna tell me the truth or I swear to God I'm gonna kill ya.”