Answers quotes164 answers quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- Colonel Mustard: Wadsworth, am I right in thinking there's nobody else in this house?
- Wadsworth: Um... no.
- Colonel Mustard: Then there is someone else in this house?
- Wadsworth: Sorry, I said "no" meaning "yes".
- Colonel Mustard: "No" meaning "yes"? Look, I want a straight answer, is there someone else, or isn't there, yes, or no?
-... (continue)(continue reading)
“- The Priest: I have lived a blessed life. And yet every night, when I climb into bed, turn off the lights, and stare in to the dark, I wonder... Is this all there is?
- Jackie Kennedy: You wonder?
- The Priest: Every soul on this planet does. But then, when morning comes, we all wake up and make a pot of coffee.
- Jackie Kennedy: Why do we...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When somebody asks me a question, I tell them the answer.”
“- Major General Thomas F. Waverly: I got along very well in the Army without you.
- Emma Allen: It took 15,000 men to take my place.”
"Who are we? Where do we come from? Where are we going? How do we know what we think we know? Why do we believe anything at all?". Countless questions in search of an answer... an answer that will give rise to a new question... and the next answer will give rise to the next question and so on. But, in the end, isn't it always the same question?... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Grandma Ivy Chandler: Well, sometimes the tree grows too fast and the roots don't develop. And sometimes you have to chop off the top of that tree to let the roots catch up.
- Earl Blackstock: But do you know where he's at?
- Grandma Ivy Chandler: No, but I expect if you follow the roots, you'll find him.
- Earl Blackstock: Grandma Ivy, in all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You can’t turn a ‘NO’ to a ‘YES’ without a ‘MAYBE’ in between.”
“Sometimes, the questions are complicated – and the answers are simple.”
“Everyone is looking at me, like I’m the answer. ”
I can't say "yes" truly, so I'm not going to say it at all.
“- Sir Lionel Frost: Do you always answer with a question?
- The Elder: I don't know... do I?”
“Ask the right questions if you're to find the right answers.”
“The basis of our job is intelligence. The method interrogation. Conducted in such a way as to ensure we always get an answer. In our situation, humane consideration can only lead to despair and confusion. I'm sure all units will understand and act accordingly. Unfortunately, success doesn't depend only on us.”
- Jake Pentecost: Gottlieb, what does that mean? "In theory"?
- Hermann Gottlieb: Today... it means, "Yes!".
“Don't you ever say never to me!”
“- Deacon: What's going on?
- Tulley: I never know what's going on!”