Plot – Elwood P. Dowd is a nice middle-aged alcoholic, absolutely harmless and incapable of hurting a fly. Whenever he goes to the bar, he's convinced he's followed by Harvey, a white rabbit. Elwood's sister and niece try in every way to heal him.
All actors – James Stewart, Josephine Hull, Peggy Dow, Charles Drake, Cecil Kellaway, Victoria Horne, Jesse White, William H. Lynn, Wallace Ford, Nana Bryant, Grayce Mills, Clem Bevans, Gino Corrado, Jack Curtis, Ida Moore, Billy Wayne, Polly Bailey, Don Brodie, Aileen Carlyle, Sally Corner, Pat Flaherty, Eula Guy, Grayce Hampton, Harry Hines, Norman Leavitt, Edwin Max, Anne O'Neal, Fess Parker, Maudie Prickett, Almira Sessions, Ruthelma Stevens, Leo Sulky, Minerva Urecal, William Val, Dick Wessel, Sam Wolfeshow all
“Harvey” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Elwood P. Dowd: Well, I think this calls for a celebration! Why don't we all go down to Charlie's Place and have a drink?
- Veta Louise Simmons: You're not going anywhere, Elwood. You're staying right here.
- Myrtle Mae Simmons: Yes, Uncle Elwood.
- Judge Gaffney: Stay here, son.
- Elwood P. Dowd: I plan to leave, you want me to stay. Oh, an...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I used to know a whole lot of dances. The-the-the-eh- the flea hop, and-and, what's the - eh - the black bottom, the variety drag. I don't, I don't know, I just don't seem to have any time any more. I have so many things to do.”
“- Dr. Sanderson: You know, people are people no matter were you go.
- Elwood P. Dowd: That is very often the case.”
- Dr. Sanderson: I think that your sister's condition stems from trauma.
- Elwood P. Dowd: From what?
- Dr. Sanderson: Uh, trauma. Spelled t-r-a-u-m-a. It means shock. There's nothing unusual about it. There's the "birth trauma" - the shock of being born...
- Elwood P. Dowd: That's the one we never get over.
“- Elwood P. Dowd: You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.
- Dr. Chumley: Fly specks, fly specks! I've been spending my life among fly specks while miracles have been leaning on lampposts at 18th and Fairfax!”
“I took a course in art last winter. I learnt the difference between a fine oil painting, and a mechanical thing, like a photograph. The photograph shows only the reality. The painting shows not only the reality, but the dream behind it. It's our dreams, doctor, that carry us on. They separate us from the beasts. I wouldn't want to go on living...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with.”
“- Wilson: Who's Harvey?
- Miss Kelly: A white rabbit, six feet tall.
- Wilson: Six feet?
- Elwood P. Dowd: Six feet three and a half inches. Now let's stick to the facts.”
“Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.”