“The King and I” quotes(1956)
Plot – During the nineteenth century, Siam is still a set back country ruled by a despot king, who's also open-minded and encourages the spread of Western culture. When he learns an English lady, Anna Lenowens, is looking for a teaching position, the king offers her to educate his children. The woman is strong and independent and isn't willing to accept orders, but the king himself isn't accustomed to be disobeyed. The two in fact argue often but the young teacher is loved by her students. Time passes by and Anna's prestige increases and the English lady becomes the personal adviser of the king. When he dies, Anna is entrusted the eldest son and the fate of the entire nation.
All actors – Deborah Kerr, Yul Brynner, Rita Moreno, Martin Benson, Terry Saunders, Rex Thompson, Carlos Rivas, Patrick Adiarte, Alan Mowbray, Geoffrey Toone, Leo Abbey, Robert Banas, Dennis Bonilla, Thomas Bonilla, Jerry Chien, Nancy Chien, Mary Lou Clifford, Judy Dan, Gemze De Lappe, Amir Farr, Henry Fong, Margaret Fukuda, Yvonne Garosin, Maureen Hingert, Dick Kay Hong, Linda Hong, Warren Hsieh, Daro Induye, Charles Irwin, Michiko Iseri, Dale Ishimoto, Kanna Ishu, Irene James, Marion Jim, Misaye Kawasumi, Candace Lee, Virginia Lee, Warren Lee, Jeanette Leung, Fuji Levi, Weaver Levy, Joycelyne Lew, Eddie Luke, Stella Lynn, Marco López, Nephru Malouf, Grace Matthews, Joanne Miya, Shirley Nishimura, Valentina Oumanski, Stephanie Pond-Smith, Evelyn Rudie, Kathleen Shoon, Josephine Smith, Alladin Soufi, Leonard Strong, Marie Tsien, Alice Uchida, Russell Ung, Lydia Wolf, Jadin Wong, Jean Wong, Dusty Worrall, Rodney Yee, William Yip, Yurikoshow all
“The King and I” Quotes 6 quotes
“- King Mongkut of Siam: A woman is designed for pleasing man that is all. A man is deigned to be pleased by many women
- Anna Leonowens: Then how do you explain, your majesty, that many men remain faithful to one wife?
- King Mongkut of Siam: They are sick.
- Anna Leonowens: Oh, but you do expect women to be faithful?
- King Mongkut of Siam:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Anna Leonowens: All properly dressed English ladies always wear undergarments.
- King Mongkut of Siam: I have opinion that, in this regard, England is very backward nation.”
“- King Mongkut of Siam: Now, shall Mr. Lincoln be winning this war he is fighting at present?
- Anna Leonowens: No one knows really.
- King Mongkut of Siam: Well, does he have enough guns and elephants for transporting things?
- Anna Leonowens: I don't think they have elephants in America, your majesty.
- King Mongkut of Siam: No elephants? No...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You are very difficult woman!”
“Death is not worse pain than an empty life.”