Yul Brynner quotes
“All young actors dream of success, but it's a bitter kind of thing for man, you lose the most valuable thing in the world, privacy.”
“We are born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Everything in-between is a gift.”
“You are going to be mine, all mine, like my dog or my horse or my falcon. Only I will love you more and trust you less.”
“- King Mongkut of Siam: A woman is designed for pleasing man that is all. A man is deigned to be pleased by many women
- Anna Leonowens: Then how do you explain, your majesty, that many men remain faithful to one wife?
- King Mongkut of Siam: They are sick.
- Anna Leonowens: Oh, but you do expect women to be faithful?
- King Mongkut of Siam:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Anna Leonowens: All properly dressed English ladies always wear undergarments.
- King Mongkut of Siam: I have opinion that, in this regard, England is very backward nation.”
“- King Mongkut of Siam: Now, shall Mr. Lincoln be winning this war he is fighting at present?
- Anna Leonowens: No one knows really.
- King Mongkut of Siam: Well, does he have enough guns and elephants for transporting things?
- Anna Leonowens: I don't think they have elephants in America, your majesty.
- King Mongkut of Siam: No elephants? No...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You are very difficult woman!”
“- Matt Weaver: I've killed so many men in the last four years, one more don't matter none. Tell me... you pass up your chance, why should I pass up mine?
- Jules Gaspard d'Estaing: Truce for the night.
- Matt Weaver: Oh... oh, and you believe when they say I'm crazy?
- Jules Gaspard d'Estaing: So am I. You know it's a funny thing... a man crazy...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nefretiri: Are you afraid of Moses?
- Rameses: Yes, because now he holds Ethiopia in his left hand, Goshen in right, and you, my Pharaoh, are in-between them.
- Sethi: Do you imply that he would raise the slaves against me? I've been his father.
- Jannes: Ambition knows no father.”
“- Sethi: Rameses, do you believe this slave deliverer is a myth?
- Rameses: What I believe is of no account. What matters is the slavesbelieve in him.
- Sethi: Of course, of course. Then you, too, shall go to Goshen. Learn if this deliverer be a myth or a man. If a myth, bring him to me in a bottle. If a man, bring him to me in chains.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)