Winning quotes335 winning quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Lucifer: I'm sorry. After careful consideration, I regretfully have to decline.
- Dan Marino: C'mon, man, I'm just asking, let me win one Superbowl.
- Lucifer: In exchange for eternal damnation of your soul? You're too nice of a guy for me to want to do that to you, Mr. Marino.
- Dan Marino: You did it for Namath.
- Lucifer: Yeah, but Joe was...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Worrying about losing keeps you winning.”
“If we stick together, all of us, we'll win.”
“Winners do what losers don't want to do.”
“From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose. We may be behind on the scoreboard at the end of the game but if you play like that we cannot be defeated.”
“Did I win? Did I win? Son of a bitch! God likes me! He really, really, likes me! What a day! What a fabulous day!”
“It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”
“I'm not gonna talk to you tonight about winnin' and losin'. You're already winners 'cause you didn't kill each other up at camp.”
“A man learns nothing from winning. The act of losing, however, can elicit great wisdom. Not least of which is, how much more enjoyable it is to win. It's inevitable to lose now and again. The trick is not to make a habit of it.”
“One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters.”
“- Duke: What's happening out there?
- Rocky Balboa: He's winning... I see three of him out there!
- Paulie: Hit the one in the middle.
- Duke: Right! Hit the one in the middle.”
“- Mongol General: We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
- Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
- Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?
- Conan: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.
- Mongol General: That is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Let's open up a can of kick ass and kill them all, let the paramedics sort them out.”
“When you try to win, sometimes you lose sight of the goal.”
“- King Mongkut of Siam: Now, shall Mr. Lincoln be winning this war he is fighting at present?
- Anna Leonowens: No one knows really.
- King Mongkut of Siam: Well, does he have enough guns and elephants for transporting things?
- Anna Leonowens: I don't think they have elephants in America, your majesty.
- King Mongkut of Siam: No elephants? No...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Brooks: I'm a fraud, Max. I'm not the carefree dude that wins at everything he touches. You know how I win? I cheat. I cheat at everything. I even cheated when we were kids playing Battleship.
- Max: What?
- Brooks: Didn't you ever wonder why I made you sit with your back to the TV? It was so I could see your ships in the reflection. I mean, I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Men like Dick Best are the reason we're going to win this war.”
“- Dani Ramos: How do we win?
- Grace: We win... by keeping you alive.”
“Simple truth of the world is that most games, for someone to win, well, someone has to lose.”
“That's the trouble with all these series. You always know the superhero is going to get away with it. That's the trouble with Batman and in The Saint. You always know he's going to win all the fights in the end. That's the trouble with all these series. Even Bugs Bunny wins all the time! If we were superheroes, we would definitely win.”