Winning quotes357 winning quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“You cannot be the winner because you are not ready to win. And there is no shame in that.”
“You never win with violence. You only win when you maintain your dignity.”
“- Lucifer: I'm sorry. After careful consideration, I regretfully have to decline.
- Dan Marino: C'mon, man, I'm just asking, let me win one Superbowl.
- Lucifer: In exchange for eternal damnation of your soul? You're too nice of a guy for me to want to do that to you, Mr. Marino.
- Dan Marino: You did it for Namath.
- Lucifer: Yeah, but Joe was...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Worrying about losing keeps you winning.”
“Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?”
“If we stick together, all of us, we'll win.”
“- Dean Armitage: You're gonna love this. My Dad's claim to fame. He was beat by Jesse Owens in the qualifying round for the Berlin Olympics in 1936. Those were the ones where...
- Chris Washington: Where Owens won in front of Hitler.
- Dean Armitage: Yeah, what a moment. What a moment. I mean, Hitler was up there with all those perfect Aryan...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Branch Rickey: We win if the world is convinced of two things: That you are a fine gentleman and a great baseball player. Like our Savior... you gotta have the guts... to turn the other cheek. Can you do it?
- Jackie Robinson: You give me a uniform... you give me a, heh, number on my back... and I'll give you the guts.”
“- Peeta Mellark: Well, there is this one girl that I've had a crush on forever. But I don't think she actually recognized me until the Reaping.
- Caesar Flickerman: Well, I'll tell you what, Peeta. You go out there, and you win this thing, and when you get home, she'll have to go out with you. Right, folks?
- Peeta Mellark: Thanks, but I don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Winners do what losers don't want to do.”
“From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose. We may be behind on the scoreboard at the end of the game but if you play like that we cannot be defeated.”
“Did I win? Did I win? Son of a bitch! God likes me! He really, really, likes me! What a day! What a fabulous day!”
“It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”
“I'm not gonna talk to you tonight about winnin' and losin'. You're already winners 'cause you didn't kill each other up at camp.”
“I will win! Why? Because I have Faith! Courage! Enthusiasm!”
“A man learns nothing from winning. The act of losing, however, can elicit great wisdom. Not least of which is, how much more enjoyable it is to win. It's inevitable to lose now and again. The trick is not to make a habit of it.”
“If we played them ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight.”
“One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters.”
“- Duke: What's happening out there?
- Rocky Balboa: He's winning... I see three of him out there!
- Paulie: Hit the one in the middle.
- Duke: Right! Hit the one in the middle.”
“- Wyatt Earp: How many cards do you want?
- Doc Holliday: I don't want to play any more.
- Wyatt Earp: How many?
- Doc Holliday: Damn it, you're the most fallible, stubborn, self-deluded, bullheaded man I've ever known in my entire life.
- Wyatt Earp: I call.
[looks at Doc Holliday's cards]
- Wyatt Earp: You win.
- Doc Holliday: You're the only...” (continue)(continue reading)