Tradition quotes51 tradition quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Jude: We don't have it in England, is it a big deal?
- Max Carrigan: Well, it's a heart-warming American tradition.
- Lucy Carrigan: Yeah. It celebrates the time when the Indians shared their food with the early settlers. And how did we repay them? We slaughter them in thousands then ship them off to the shittiest bits of real estate.”
“I ask you, what man will want to marry a girl who flits around rooftops, chasing chickens?”
“- Anna Leonowens: All properly dressed English ladies always wear undergarments.
- King Mongkut of Siam: I have opinion that, in this regard, England is very backward nation.”
“Steward, my Thursday midday meal has always been and will always be hot soup, fried sole, roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, baked potatoes, suet pudding and treacle.”
“- Mrs. Suzanna Dukesbury: We must have regard for certain conventions.
- J. Cheever Loophole: One guy isn't enough. She's gotta have a convention.”
“- Dru: You ready to continue the family tradition, you and me?
- Gru: No... I left that life behind me.
- Dru: Just one heist?
- Gru: Mmm...”
“- James 'Droz' Andrews: Ladies and gentlemen, I think it's time to revive an ancient tradition we seem to have long forgotten.
- Cecilia: They confiscated the altar, Droz.
- James 'Droz' Andrews: No, I'm not talking about human sacrifice.”
“- Jack Godell: What makes you think they're looking for a scapegoat?
- Ted Spindler: Tradition.”
“- Ten Bears: Let us smoke a while.
- Kevin Costner: With Ten Bears, it was always more than a while.”
“- Deb: Are they still letting you run for president?
- Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.”
[drunk] So, Hiroshi "Kamikaze" Tanaka, recently of the Tokyo Giants, knocks himself cold for the second time this week. Maybe in Japan, that's actually better than catching the ball. Personally, I think he's just trying to get out of the lineup.
“I'm glad to see she's keeping up the village tradition of total contempt for the law.”
“- Winifred Sanderson: Sisters, All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
- Sarah: Amok! [dances around]
- Sarah: Amok, amok, amok, amok, amok... [Winifred punches Sarah in the stomach]
- Sarah: Ugh!”
“First, we must observe the ancient ritual of the traditional pre-fight donut.”
“You know, Josh, in primitive societies, after they sever the umbilical cord, they eat the placenta in a ritualistic ceremony. Want a bite?”
“At least I taught her full Indian dinner, the rest is up to God.”