“The Ten Commandments” quotes(1956)
Plot – Survived to the massacre of the Jews firstborns, little Moses has grown up as a true Egyptian. Once discovered his origins, Moses renounces to everything to stay with his people and share their sufferings. After sending the terrible seven plagues, the Pharaoh agrees to let them go but later he's repented of it and chases them with his army. He and his soldiers are swallowed by the Red Sea and Moses, an old man now who has received the tablets of the Law, dies seeing only from afar the Promised Land.
All actors – Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, Anne Baxter, Edward G. Robinson, Yvonne De Carlo, Debra Paget, John Derek, Cedric Hardwicke, Nina Foch, Martha Scott, Judith Anderson, Vincent Priceshow all
“The Ten Commandments” Quotes 15 quotes
“You are going to be mine, all mine, like my dog or my horse or my falcon. Only I will love you more and trust you less.”
“Those who will not live by the law shall die by the law!”
“God made men. Men made slaves.”
“Love can not drown truth.”
“Moses has words. Pharaoh has spears!”
“Blood makes poor mortar.”
“- Rameses: Difficulty with the slaves, my brother?
- Moses: None that could not be cures by a ration of grain and a day of rest.
- Rameses: A day of rest?
- Moses: When your horses tire, they’re rested. When they hunger, they’re fed.
- Rameses: Slaves draw brick and stone. My horses draw the next Pharaoh.
- Moses: Is there any grain stored here...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nefretiri: Are you afraid of Moses?
- Rameses: Yes, because now he holds Ethiopia in his left hand, Goshen in right, and you, my Pharaoh, are in-between them.
- Sethi: Do you imply that he would raise the slaves against me? I've been his father.
- Jannes: Ambition knows no father.”
“- Sethi: Rameses, do you believe this slave deliverer is a myth?
- Rameses: What I believe is of no account. What matters is the slavesbelieve in him.
- Sethi: Of course, of course. Then you, too, shall go to Goshen. Learn if this deliverer be a myth or a man. If a myth, bring him to me in a bottle. If a man, bring him to me in chains.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Harden yourself against subordinates. Have no friend. Trust no woman.”