Fidelity quotes16 fidelity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Since when does fucking somebody else mean that I'm not faithful to you?”
“On the western frontier of Missouri, the American Civil War was fought not by armies, but by neighbors. Informal gangs of local southern Bushwhackers fought a bloody and desperate guerrilla war against the occupying Union Army and pro-Union Jayhawkers. Allegiance to either side was dangerous. But it was more dangerous still to find oneself...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Catherine's maxim is: At least one party in a relationship must be faithful. The other party.”
“- King Mongkut of Siam: A woman is designed for pleasing man that is all. A man is deigned to be pleased by many women
- Anna Leonowens: Then how do you explain, your majesty, that many men remain faithful to one wife?
- King Mongkut of Siam: They are sick.
- Anna Leonowens: Oh, but you do expect women to be faithful?
- King Mongkut of Siam:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nurse Mary Verbeck: The Salingers. They know I worship your body like a French cathedral.
- Dr. Elliot Fibel: I don't care who knows, Mary. You're my woman and I'm your man! Never the less, if they can keep a secret, so can I.”
“There's no adultery when you're eighteen. You should all be touching each other all the time.”
“Monogamy is like a 40-watt bulb. It works, but it's not enough.”
“- Alden Pyle: Have you had a lot of women, Thomas?
- Thomas Fowler: You start out by being promiscuous and end up like your grandfather... faithful to one woman.”
“May the gods keep the wolves in the fields and the women in our beds.”
“- Gollum: We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!
- Smeagol: No. Not Master!
- Gollum: Yes, precious, false! They will cheat you, hurt you, lie.
- Smeagol: Master is my friend.
- Gollum: You don't have any friends; nobody likes you!”
“- Diego Rivera: Is fidelity that important to you?
- Frida Kahlo: Loyalty is important to me. Can you be loyal?”
“Someone once called fidelity a fading woman's greatest defense and a charming woman's greatest hypocrisy.”
“My father died before I reached my teens. Some say that was a punishment. My mother never remarried or loved another. Some say that was a punishment.”