“The Thing” quotes(1982)
Plot – Life on an Alaskan US base is already hard and difficult as it is for a group of 12 scientists. To make matters impossible is the sudden arrival of the "thing", a living substance that atomic radiations have unearthed after millennia of silence under the eternal Arctic ice. The "thing" attacks animals and humans and takes on their appearance. Monstrous apparitions and horrific deaths persuade the guests of the base that one of them has been infected by the "thing". Thus begins a murderous game made of suspicion, mistrust and revenge.
All actors – Kurt Russell, Wilford Brimley, T.K. Carter, David Clennon, Keith David, Richard Dysart, Charles Hallahan, Peter Maloney, Richard Masur, Donald Moffat, Joel Polis, Thomas G. Waites, Norbert Weisser, Larry J. Franco, Nate Irwin, William Zeman, Adrienne Barbeau, John Carpenter, Jedshow all
“The Thing” Quotes 9 quotes
“I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. It'll fight if it has to, but it's vulnerable out in the open. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Anybody touches me, and we go.”
“- MacReady: Somebody in this camp ain't what he appears to be. Right now that may be one or two of us. By spring, it could be all of us.
- Childs: So, how do we know who's human? If I was an imitation, a perfect imitation, how would you know if it was really me?”
“- George Bennings: How much more of this crap is there?
- Dr. Copper: Well, nine hours, I'd say.
- George Bennings: We can't learn anything from this.
- Dr. Copper: Guess not.”
“- MacReady: Anyone messes with me... and the whole camp goes!
- Palmer: Don't argue with him!”
“- Childs: You're gonna have to sleep sometime, MacReady.
- MacReady: I'm a real light sleeper, Childs.”
“- Fuchs: I have to talk to you.
- MacReady: I'm tired of talkin', Fuchs. I just wanna get up to my shack and get drunk.”
“- Garry: You reach anybody, yet?
- Windows: Reach anybody? We're a thousand miles from nowhere, man, and it's gonna get a hell of a lot worse before it gets any better!”