Jeff Bridges quotes
“Most cynics are really crushed romantics: they've been hurt, they're sensitive, and their cynicism is a shell that's protecting this tiny, dear part in them that's still alive.”
“Imperfection and perfection go so hand in hand, and our dark and our light are so intertwined, that by trying to push the darkness or the so-called negative aspects of our life to the side... we are preventing ourselves from the fullness of life.”
“We're here for such a short period of time. Live like you're already dead, man. Have a good time. Do your best. Let it all come ripping right through you.”
“- Jenny Hayden: What's it like up there?
- Starman: It is beautiful. Not like this, but it is beautiful. There is only one language, one law, one people. There is no war, no hunger. The strong do not victimize the helpless. We are very civilized, but we have lost something, I think. You are all so much alive, all so different. I will miss the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mark Shermin: Have people from your world been here before?
- Starman: Before yes. We are interested in your species.
- Mark Shermin: You mean you're some kind of anthropologist? Is that what you're doing here? Just checking us out?
- Starman: You are a strange species. Not like any other. And you'd be surprised how many there are. Intelligent...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Everybody looses a couple, and you either pack up and go home or keep fighting.”
“- Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes click.
- The Dude: Jesus.
- Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.”
“It's important to think. It's what separates us from lentils.”
“Your part can be the king, but unless people are treating you like royalty, you ain't no king, man.”
“Miles, I fell down. I'm old. Shit happens, get the whiskey.”
“- Father Daniel Flynn: I'm not really a priest.
- Darlene Sweet: Yeah, no shit.”
“- Starman: I thought guns make you a little bit jumpy.
- Jenny Hayden: You make me a little bit jumpy.”
“- Dr. Mark Powell: What would you say if I told you I think you're as human as I am?
- Prot: I would say you're in need of a thorazine drip, Doctor.”
“- Barney Cousins: What's this? Wuthering Heights? Denise, is it not sufficient that while you shall be at peace, I shall ride in the torments of hell?
- Denise Cousins: ... It's romantic.
- Barney Cousins: If they can put it in a book it's not romantic. Romance has to be secret.”
“Ladies and gentlemen of this Congress, it pains my soul to tell you that you have brought blood and shame under this great dome.”
“- Turner Kendall: Never did see that damn trick done right.
- Alex Sternbergen: And you never will.
- Turner Kendall: Whatever makes you happy.
- Alex Sternbergen: You, oh you make me happy.”
“God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the fuck has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?”