Jeff Bridges quotes
“- The Dude: You brought the fuckin' Pomeranian bowling?
- Walter Sobchak: What do you mean brought it bowling, Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude.”
“Most cynics are really crushed romantics: they've been hurt, they're sensitive, and their cynicism is a shell that's protecting this tiny, dear part in them that's still alive.”
“Imperfection and perfection go so hand in hand, and our dark and our light are so intertwined, that by trying to push the darkness or the so-called negative aspects of our life to the side... we are preventing ourselves from the fullness of life.”
“We're here for such a short period of time. Live like you're already dead, man. Have a good time. Do your best. Let it all come ripping right through you.”
“I told you about these people, they only mate with their own kind, it's called yuppie inbreeding. That's why so many of them are retarded and wear the same clothes. They're not human, they don't feel love, they only negotiate *love moments*. They're evil, they're repulsed by imperfection, horrified by the banal, everything that America stands...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jenny Hayden: What's it like up there?
- Starman: It is beautiful. Not like this, but it is beautiful. There is only one language, one law, one people. There is no war, no hunger. The strong do not victimize the helpless. We are very civilized, but we have lost something, I think. You are all so much alive, all so different. I will miss the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You can't run from the wind. You trim your sails, face the music, and keep going.”
“- Mark Shermin: Have people from your world been here before?
- Starman: Before yes. We are interested in your species.
- Mark Shermin: You mean you're some kind of anthropologist? Is that what you're doing here? Just checking us out?
- Starman: You are a strange species. Not like any other. And you'd be surprised how many there are. Intelligent...” (continue)(continue reading)
“On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.”
“Everybody looses a couple, and you either pack up and go home or keep fighting.”
“- Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes click.
- The Dude: Jesus.
- Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.”
“It's important to think. It's what separates us from lentils.”
“If we don't have order, we have nothing. Where we go one, we go all.”
“Your part can be the king, but unless people are treating you like royalty, you ain't no king, man.”
“Marcus Hamilton-Oh, who knows. Maybe one of these bank robbers is gonna want a gunfight and I can dodge my retirement in a blaze of glory.
Alberto Parker-Well, I've seen you shoot. There won't be much glory in it.”
“Marcus Hamilton-I know their faces was covered, but could you tell their race? Black, white?
Elsie-Their skin or their souls?”
“He wouldn't know God if he crawled up his pant leg and bit him on the pecker.”
“Marcus Hamilton-This is what they call white man's intuition.
Alberto Parker-Sometimes a blind pig finds a truffle.”
“Miles, I fell down. I'm old. Shit happens, get the whiskey.”
“- Father Daniel Flynn: I'm not really a priest.
- Darlene Sweet: Yeah, no shit.”