Imitation quotes49 imitation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Gillian Bromley: That was the worst Peter Sellers I have ever heard.
- Jack Rhodes: I wasn't doing Peter Sellers - I was doing Peter Sellers doing Omar Sharif!”
“To create is divine, to reproduce is human.”
- Connie Baker: "Now everyone can be Van Gogh. It's so easy. Just follow the simple instructions and in minutes, you're on your way to being an artist".
- Katherine Ann Watson: Ironic, isn't it? Look at what we have done to the man who refused to conform his ideals to popular taste. Who refused to compromise his integrity. We have put him in a... (continue)(continue reading)
“A gay man alone could never begin to replicate the inner workings of the female mind.”
“You borrow from the greats, and you make your own path without losing the core of who you are.”
“Good artists copy, great artists steal.”
“The great comedians imitate children. That's their ability.”
“Everyone imitated my fuller mouth, darker eyebrows. But I wouldn't copy anybody. If I can't be me, I don't want to be anybody. I was born that way.”
“Only the first picture of a cycle really succeeds. All the imitators dwindle.”
“You know when you make a copy of a copy, it's not as sharp as the original.”
“I rarely play a real person, because I don't think I'm a good imitator.”
“Barney, do you have to do everything Fred does?”
“I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art.”
“Sometimes an insect will evolve to mimic its predator. A fly can look like a spider, a caterpillar can look like a snake. The Judas evolved to mimic its predator... us.”
“To become a good actor, you have to keep watching, and if you see nothing worth copying, you'll see something to avoid.”
“Don't look at someone else and want to be them. Search within yourself and find out who you are and be someone positive.”
“- John Moss: Don't eat like me, don't sit like me, and do not smoke like me! I'm trying to quit, anyway.
- Nick Lang: Me too.
- John Moss: And don't quit like me, either!”
“What would vin Diesel do? No regrets, no fear!”
“We all borrow and steal and copy from each other, and that's the way I think people get inspired.”
“It was Noel Coward whose technique I envied and tried to emulate. I collected all his records and writing.”
“I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. It'll fight if it has to, but it's vulnerable out in the open. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tommy: I coulda been somebody, instead of just an ice cream truck driver, which is what I am, let's face it.
- Debbie: Who was that, Jerry Lewis?
- Tommy: Jerry Lewis? You thought that was Jerry Lewis?”
“You can't make experimental work by copying past work. ”