Plot – Jenny Hayden is a widow without children. One night, a weird stray of light coming from the living room wakes her up. What happens is extraordinary and scary at the same time: in few minutes, the body of a baby turns into a child, then into a teenager and into a man, who looks identical to her dead husband. Even if the stranger isn’t able to speak properly, he begs the woman to immediately drive him to Arizona. It is a long journey, but “they” wait for him there and if he doesn’t arrive in 3 days, he will die.
All actors – Jeff Bridges, Karen Allen, Charles Martin Smith, Richard Jaeckel, Robert Phalen, Tony Edwards, John Walter Davis, Ted White, Dirk Blocker, M.C. Gainey, Sean Stanek, George 'Buck' Flowershow all
“Starman” Quotes 15 quotes
“- Jenny Hayden: What's it like up there?
- Starman: It is beautiful. Not like this, but it is beautiful. There is only one language, one law, one people. There is no war, no hunger. The strong do not victimize the helpless. We are very civilized, but we have lost something, I think. You are all so much alive, all so different. I will miss the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mark Shermin: Have people from your world been here before?
- Starman: Before yes. We are interested in your species.
- Mark Shermin: You mean you're some kind of anthropologist? Is that what you're doing here? Just checking us out?
- Starman: You are a strange species. Not like any other. And you'd be surprised how many there are. Intelligent...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Starman: I thought guns make you a little bit jumpy.
- Jenny Hayden: You make me a little bit jumpy.”
“- Starman: Shit!
- Jenny Hayden: Don't mind him. He's just learning English.
- Roadhouse Waitress: Well, he's got a hell of a start on it!”
“- Jenny Hayden: Why didn't you wake me?
- Starman: I like to watch you sleep. I don't know - why. Strange. I think I am becoming a planet Earth person.”
“- Starman: Do deer eat people?
- Jenny Hayden: No.
- Starman: Do people eat people?
- Jenny Hayden: Of course not. What do you think we are?
- Starman: I think you are a very primitive species.”
“- Jenny Hayden: Okay? Are you crazy? You almost got us killed! You said you watched me, you said you knew the rules!
- Starman: I do know the rules.
- Jenny Hayden: Oh, for your information pal, that was a yellow light back there!
- Starman: I watched you very carefully. Red light stop, green light go, yellow light go very fast.”
“- Deer Hunter: Cried when you saw Bambi?
- Starman: Define 'Bambi'?
- Deer Hunter: Huh?
- Jenny Hayden: He doesn't understand, he's not from around here.”
“This body has a terrible emptiness. This is called hungry?”
“Love is, um, it's when you care more for someone else than you do yourself.”
“I have to go to the bathroom. The ladies room. The restroom. It's when a person has to - um - oh, the hell with it. You figure it out for yourself. I'm going.”
“- Starman: What is kid-nap-ped?
- Jenny Hayden: You want to know what kidnapped is? It's being dragged out of your house in the middle of the night by some... whatever you are... being forced to drive all night with a gun pointed at your side and not knowing where you're going or what's going to happen to you when you get there. So if you're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Starman: Can anyone have - babies?
- Jenny Hayden: Just women.
- Starman: I understand the reproductive process as you know it.
- Jenny Hayden: As we know it?”